Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
looks like you know how to spin a wrench. this build should be quick and satisfying. best wishes!

Not really haha. I just like to visit harbor freight on occasion and appreciate reading comments and other peoples builds for motivation. I’m learning a lot. I’m a teacher, so hopefully this summer I can make a lot of progress when I’m off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Made a little more progress today.

Got the power steering pump stuff off:

Got the fuel pump controller off. If this isn’t the fuel pump controller please let me know before I look like an idiot and sent this to iWire.

Lastly, got the power steering rack disconnected and all the bolts for the crossmember. Is there a trick to taking this thing off? I have everything disconnected and it doesn’t move much. Any advice?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in the same boot as you and have a 2000 rs2.5 with a gutted engine bay . Looking for a sti engine to drop in her, have limited knowledge on the whole process would be bad ass if anyone in Central Valley cali could lend ideas or want to help me on the build :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I'm in the same boot as you and have a 2000 rs2.5 with a gutted engine bay . Looking for a sti engine to drop in her, have limited knowledge on the whole process would be bad ass if anyone in Central Valley cali could lend ideas or want to help me on the build :)

My advice to you. Buy a cheap WRX as a donor. I’m keeping track of all my costs in a spreadsheet and I’m pretty sure I’ll eventually have the swap components all for $0 once I finish parting out the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My advice to you. Buy a cheap WRX as a donor. I’m keeping track of all my costs in a spreadsheet and I’m pretty sure I’ll eventually have the swap components all for $0 once I finish parting out the car.

Been looking for Sti donee 2005 here in central cali but none are popping up :(

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Update!

I’ve been tired and for some reason it didn’t occur to me to loosen the subframe to remove the crossmember. Oh well, live and learn. Glad I’m gaining all this experience on the car that I just have to unbolt stuff on.

It’s not in too bad of shape. Little oil, not too much. I’ll probably still decrease it and clean her up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I have the following things to remove for my swap:
Fuel pump
WRX throttle cable

I also have to finish removing these things for my auto to manual swap:
Driveshaft
Clutch master cylinder
Pedals

Do I need to remove all 3 pedals for my auto to manual swap? Thanks guys!

I’m using this thread...
DIY: Auto To Manual Swap - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

And this thread as reference
Parts List for USDM WRX/STI Swap - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Appreciate you guys reading it and appreciate any advice you can offer!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts