Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
02 F-150 Extended Cab
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is a 96 impreza brighton

Here is the setup I want it to have when im done with it.

WRX Struts w/ STI pink springs (will this work?)
16 inch 6-spoke RS wheels
19MM rear wrx sway bar
Kartboy bushings

any other suggestions? comments welcome..

·
Registered
'99 Hybrid RS Coupe
2,719 Posts
Get a set of used KYB AGX's or GR2's and a set of stiffer, lower springs (H&R, P1, etc.,). Those combined with a 20mm RSB from a wrx sedan will make your car handle worlds better. I did exactly this for my '99 RS.

used KYB AGX's $225
new H&R Sport springs $239
used 20mm RSB $30
used Kartboy solid rear endlinks $50
TOTAL: $544

·
Registered
02 F-150 Extended Cab
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is it possible to get stiffer springs with a small drop? i really dont want to lower my car that much, just a tad. actually i dont mind the stock height but i def. want it to be stiffer, for sure.

·
Registered
'99 Hybrid RS Coupe
2,719 Posts
mxpunk said:
is it possible to get stiffer springs with a small drop? i really dont want to lower my car that much, just a tad. actually i dont mind the stock height but i def. want it to be stiffer, for sure.
The prodrive P1's or SPT springs would work well for you. They are basically the same spring under 2 names. They drop the car about 3/4" all the way around. I had the SPT springs a while ago and the car handled great. I then went to the H&R's that I have now.

·
Registered
MY99 GF4 EJ227 JDM 6spd
5,262 Posts
AGX w/ STi Tarmac springs. You will loveit. I WAS going to go w/ this setup, but then I like my coilovers..... so Megans will be on when I get them.

·
Registered
02 F-150 Extended Cab
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
will the agx with the sti tarmacs be a real rough ride? i dont mind if the car is a little stifff as its not my daily driver.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
FuJi K said:
AGX w/ STi Tarmac springs.
I had a set of these spring sitting in my room and sold them on nasioc. I decided that megans/bc/k sport would be better bang for the buck, as I won't mind the stiffness, the coilover spring won't be that much more stiff than the tarmacs.

Cost effectives, in that
tarmacs $300
AGX $400
Camber plates in front $250
STi Tops hats $125
=$1075

Aforemention Coilovers right around $900.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts