Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

61 - 80 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
'99 OBS Silverthorn Metallic
656 Posts
Dear deal-hunters, I'm currently looking to purchase some slightly bigger front brakes (can't quite afford the rear disc swap yet, and my brakes have been squeaking so I guess I need new pads soon anyway).
Anyway, I found used front 2-pots (from an '08 Forester that had the same rotors as the 06-07 WRX) for $20, and rear drums for $5.
To go with that, I was thinking this or this. What are your guys' thoughts on these?

·
Registered
Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
2,557 Posts
youll need rear lateral links from a subaru with a sway bar also a sway bar, endlinks, bushings and some other little things that someone will have to chime in to tell you.

·
Registered
2k BRP wagon (sold) 06 MTBajaT
811 Posts
i really do like your post! :) still puzzled on intake... but oh well.
just one thing though that i dont understand... why should i get sway bars to get rid of body roll if i already have mushy ride now? wouldn't you just want to go with them once you have a bouncy and stiff ride? lol :p

·
Where are my keys?
98 OBS, 04 XTI
1,571 Posts
no way RSB are IMO the BEST for the price suspension upgrade. after i swapped out my 13mm rsb to a 20mm, my suby handled, no exaggeration, about 50x better

·
Registered
00 BE, 92 BC, 77 celica GT
2,192 Posts
speaking of budget build stuff... i found a guy here who moonlights doing port and polish on intake manifolds.. if you want yours done he runs about 65$..

·
Registered
'98 GF Wagon
20 Posts
I'll definately be referring to this for my project! Just recently bought my first subi and ive been bitten by the bug,
now i got some sense of direction for my first build... Great job!
Hello from Aus!

·
Registered
'04 PSM WRX Premium
8,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
i really do like your post! :) still puzzled on intake... but oh well.
just one thing though that i dont understand... why should i get sway bars to get rid of body roll if i already have mushy ride now? wouldn't you just want to go with them once you have a bouncy and stiff ride? lol :p
If you're still puzzled on the intake, I'd suggest just leaving it stock, unless you have the stock intake with the filter in the box behind or above the throttle body. If you have that one, take off that pipe with sharp bends and replace it with one from ebay made for an accord. It's called a Ganzflow replica intake... google it. Very cheap and works great. If it's any other stock intake, just leave it stock, IMO, unless you're getting it tuned, which most of us using this guide won't be.

And as for the rear sway bar... just get it. You'll be amazed. It's the best mod for the money you can do, hands down, haha.

·
Registered
2k BRP wagon (sold) 06 MTBajaT
811 Posts
If you're still puzzled on the intake, I'd suggest just leaving it stock, unless you have the stock intake with the filter in the box behind or above the throttle body. If you have that one, take off that pipe with sharp bends and replace it with one from ebay made for an accord. It's called a Ganzflow replica intake... google it. Very cheap and works great. If it's any other stock intake, just leave it stock, IMO, unless you're getting it tuned, which most of us using this guide won't be.

And as for the rear sway bar... just get it. You'll be amazed. It's the best mod for the money you can do, hands down, haha.
Alright I will for sure look into that! and i think i know what your talking about too, i have seen it around the site.

Ok well for the rear sway bar, that is the one that goes inside the car and bolts right up behind my seats correct? also is it worth getting the front one, seems that they are often in a package... what about the one that i see people put under their car?

edit: having troubles finding the intake route you mentioned above... :p

·
Registered
'99 OBS Silverthorn Metallic
656 Posts
Alright I will for sure look into that! and i think i know what your talking about too, i have seen it around the site.

Ok well for the rear sway bar, that is the one that goes inside the car and bolts right up behind my seats correct? also is it worth getting the front one, seems that they are often in a package... what about the one that i see people put under their car?
That's the strut-top-bar, not the sway bar. The sway bars are under the car and connect the hubs (or something next to the hubs) of opposite wheels.
Front strut bars are said to not help much because of their proximity to the firewall, which stiffens that area already.

·
ಠ_ಠ
2,886 Posts
That's the strut-top-bar, not the sway bar. The sway bars are under the car and connect the hubs (or something next to the hubs) of opposite wheels.
Front strut bars are said to not help much because of their proximity to the firewall, which stiffens that area already.
not alot, but my car does feel different when I remove both of them :\

which is why its better to just swap sway bars

·
Where are my keys?
98 OBS, 04 XTI
1,571 Posts
get both the strut tower bars and the sway bars. i have a front one but i still have to install it. 20mm in the rear FTW

61 - 80 of 218 Posts