Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

101 - 120 of 1551 Posts

·
RIP 08.24.2013
01 legacy L
8,015 Posts
I handle choking a chick just fine... I'd probably revert to "save life mode" and break a bitchs face if she choked me :lol:

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #105

You see that bolt.

That one fucking bolt.

NO YOU DONT SEE THAT BOLT BECAUSE THREE HOURS LATER AND IT'S GROUND TO DUST!

Seriously though. I didn't get the motor out tonight. Just the engine mounts and trans bolts and it's out. I spent the entire working night getting the exhaust off because of that one bolt.

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #107 (Edited)
:lol: jesus, I tell yuh, it's never the big things that slow you down, it's all the little fucking things.
True dat!

But I also made a deal to swap the SVX windshield for an SVX rear LSD :D So the scooby might be getting high on LSD sometime this winter! Probably right after I blow up the stock rear end with TORQUE.

And the girl stopped by with Chinese literally less than 2 minutes after I finally got it out. So I had victory Crab Rangoons.

·
RIP 08.24.2013
01 legacy L
8,015 Posts
I love crab rangoons!
Hey, jonnyo wants to hang out, he's feeling left out from our meats and greets. You going to be free early november for a small get together?

·
RIP 08.24.2013
01 legacy L
8,015 Posts
:lol:... you going to confiscate it? Remember, it wont do more than 115, he could catch you with your wagon:D

*edit*
did you get any info on the operating temp of the SVX? I haven't found squat online. If yours has the glove box book it would probably state it in there. Mind looking for me?

·
RIP 08.24.2013
01 legacy L
8,015 Posts
I'm a cheap bastard. I don't really care THAT much as to spend money on a book to find out the operating temperature of my engine.

·
RIP 08.24.2013
01 legacy L
8,015 Posts
So cory, I been thinking.
If you're going to go twin turbo eventually, or even single turbo, you should reverse the headers and make them 'loop' back and continue on the stock exhaust path.

It would be much easier to do it once, than to make an exhaust one way, then flip it around and modify it. Just reverse the headers, make a 180 bend, a shorty Y pipe (or dual outs) then route it back through one of the trans exhaust paths.

This way, when/if you go turbo you only have to weld in a flange and modify about 2ft of exhaust instead of the whole thing. And, if you never go turbo, you still don't lose anything.

Win win!

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Yeah, but then I'd need to do a full custom exhaust from the start. I'm going to use as much of the SVX exhaust as I can (everything up to the muffler) and then just weld on a muffler and call it a day.

·
RIP 08.24.2013
01 legacy L
8,015 Posts
True. Just had a thought to save you a few bucks down the road. Will you be cutting out any of the resonators or one of the 3 cats? haha

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Nope. :D

Besides, I can sell the cats later.

I dont need it to be super fast yet. I just want it to run first. THEN I'll worry about super-fast.

101 - 120 of 1551 Posts