Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

161 - 180 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
2001 RS2.5, coupe
4 Posts
Matty, the color of the wires should not change in a single run plug to plug. However ground wires can have several colors, and the color can be different on the connecting plug. For example on the B22 connector are the following ground pins/colors: 3/BW,15/BW, 13/BY,14/B,16/GW, but on the mating E3 connector on the engine the colors change to 3/BR, 15/BL, 13/BL, 14/BY and 16/BR. I spent many hours making a mapping table but it still has some open items that need resolving i.e.: fuel and A/C connections (see may last post).

·
Registered
95 Impreza L
15 Posts
Will this work for my 95 automatic, fwd, obd1, impreza. I have a complete 03 wrx that I want to swap into it. My coupe have manual window and door.

·
Registered
1 Posts
im about to do a swap and was going to use this thread to help because the pictures where great! is there any way we can get the pictures back up?!

·
Registered
'98 RS Swap & '13 GMC Sierra
221 Posts
As a temp fix, if you copy and paste the text/pics in the post into Microsoft Word the pics will come up

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yea i noticed that like right after i posted it... Whoops. Does any one know if the 99 RS's wiring is similar or the exact same as a 99 forester?

Also whats with the abrupt ending? did he not get around to finishing it or somthing. Just asking cause i noticed that the end was just a bunch of random pics

Also the wiring diagram pics arent working either

·
Registered
00 forester
4 Posts
Im doing a 04 usdm wrx swap in my 01 obs and looking at the 04 wiring diagram is different that the 02 wrx. got the diagrams from all-data at work has anyone else ran in to this brydon

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a 2001 2.5rs that I swapped with a 2002 usdm wrx engine. We did the merge using this guide with the 2002 wrx ecu. It runs alright but I noticed once we went to start logging/tuning it that the front WB sensor always reads 14.7 in romraider. All other parameters seem to be working just fine in the logger. It's got p0031 front 02 sensor low input code in it. I tested the input wire right from the ecu out to the (brand new and yes the correct one) front sensor and it's good. I didn't see specifically which wire is the ground for it at the ecu but I did jump it to ground in the engine bay and that didn't help. Looking for some insight or pointers on figuring this out. I swapped a known good ecu in for grins and it does the same thing. I haven't gotten the chance to hook the lc-1 up to romraider yet to see what the actual afr's are but it runs fine and boosts to 15psi without any knock or funny business. I just don't trust it to rag on it when it's feeding me this misinformation. Any help or suggestion would be GREATLY appreciated. We are already very thankful for this awesome writeup. We were able to do the wiring portion of this project without much headache at all thanks to Brydon

·
Registered
2006 STI
1 Posts
I love this guide made it easy for someone like me to merge a harness. but i came to the part of tuning and i can't pull maps off the edu. i can read codes and all but my tuner can't get to the maps. plz help with some advise don't even care if its bad advice

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,109 Posts
I love this guide made it easy for someone like me to merge a harness. but i came to the part of tuning and i can't pull maps off the edu. i can read codes and all but my tuner can't get to the maps. plz help with some advise don't even care if its bad advice
Check your OBD wiring.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm almost done with merging my 2001 2.5rs harness with a 02 wrx harness. Im stuck on the sensor power supply wires in the guide it branches into 2 wires comin from the Ecu. But on my 2.5rs harness it branches to 3 wires. Also, thanks so much Brydon I would never have been able to do this without your guide

·
Registered
93 IMPREZA L
430 Posts
I was cleaning underneath my seat today and found a cut wire near the fuel pump controller? not sure what it does. I have a 1993 impreza L with a 2006 wrx conversion I was going to tape it up and tuck it away.
. Its circle in red any help is appreciated.

161 - 180 of 295 Posts