Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

121 - 140 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
01 2.5RS sparkly blue sedan
43 Posts
so, i think i made a bunch of mistakes and f'ed up the main harness from the smj to the ecu plugs. I know i accidentally cut off the o2 connector, but i went back and found it, so i'll just have to solder it back in.
The main thing i'm worried about is there's tons of cut wires in between the smj and the ecu plugs and i'm not sure i have all the plugs i need. How many should i have exactly not including the 5 ecu connectors and the (in my case) 2 smj connectors? I have 5 in the part that branches off through a grommet near the ecu connectors, the o2 plug, and one very close to the ecu plugs that's kind of odd. It's an 8 cavity plug with 7 wires and black cap that connects all the wires together...

maybe i'm just confused because my harness doesn't look nearly as pretty as the one in brydon's pictures..

·
Registered
MY99 N/A 2.0 RX Impreza
9 Posts
Help

hey I noticed that one of the looms have the same ecu connectors as my 99 RX impreza (N/A EJ20) would you have the ecu pinout for this model?
ECU has 3 plugs, 30-JAE A (GREEN). 28-JAE B (ORANGE). 35-JAE A (BLUE).

·
Registered
43 Posts
are there any pins in the wrx ecu plugs that aren't needed? The pin locations for auto trans are empty and apparently the pins in the rs ecu plugs are different that the ones in the wrx plugs (trust me, i tried...).

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a quick question concerning the Line end check 2 wire.

*Line End Check 2 B134/20 – B135/12 This is the OBDII connector Pin 5 but needs to be moved to pin 8 to make reflashing possible (Doesn’t exist on the RS so you need to Repin the OBDII connector or try switching to a 2002+ OBDII connector.)

OK, my Forester has NO wire in B135/12 so I can't put B134/20 anywhere.
It's a 2002 SF Forester

I don't understand this.. do I put the WRX B134/20 in pin8 of the OBD2?

·
Registered
43 Posts
alright, here's my next question. Neutral position switch... from what i gather and from a picture backwoodsbob posted, this should be a green/black wire, but i've got a white/black wire that splices to a thicker wire of the same color after a few inches and runs to the bulkhead harness..... Is the neutral wire possibly located somewhere else for me since i'm a/t?

·
Registered
43 Posts
here's the wire in question. It doesn't seem to go to either of the plugs for the auto gear selector. I am pretty sure one of them goes to something for the factory alarm..

·
Registered
98 OBS
121 Posts
can anyone clarify exactly which harnesses are needed please.. obviously the main/bulkhead and engine harness. now is the front harness that goes to the headlights and fusebox needed? what about the actual rear harness, or just the fuel pump controller with its plug? thanks

·
RIP 08.24.2013
01 legacy L
8,015 Posts
engine control harness for the engine that you're swapping in.

that's the only harness you 'need'. That's assuming you have the car that's getting swapped. Cause you'll need its dash harness also.

·
Registered
98 OBS
121 Posts
engine control harness for the engine that you're swapping in.

that's the only harness you 'need'. That's assuming you have the car that's getting swapped. Cause you'll need its dash harness also.
im swapping in a wrx swap into a gc chassis. looking to buy whatever wiring i need from someone parting out a wrx, all i have so far is the engine harness (on the intake manifold). from the pics here it looks like i do need the front engine bay harness too but i just want to be sure, this stuff isnt cheap

·
Registered
19 Posts
Awesome write up, i am in the middle of doing a merge on my own car but have a couple questions. I am a bit tired so i hope this makes sense.

2002 wrx to 2000 2.5rs

question1

*Sensor Power Supply B135/9 – B136/15

Ground (Power Supply) B136/17 - B134/8

these originally went from wrx ecu to smj , do they no longer go to smj? its a light blue wire and the other one is black and white?

question 2

Ground (Control System) (B134/7&15) – (B135/6&25)&(B136/21&22)

i notice the wrx harness also connects this to b84 pin 1, do i leave them connected to that aswell ?

Final Question

*Control Power B137/2 - B136/1
*Control Power B137/3 - B136/2

looks like on the wrx ecu these went to bcs and the ignitor, i assume the bcs also remains connected to these ?

sorry for the noob questions just hoping to get clarification for peace of mind and so i can continue tomorow.

Thanks

·
RIP 08.24.2013
01 legacy L
8,015 Posts
Question 1. They no longer go to the smj. If they're from the engine side of the smj they require power.
1.5 power supplies need a ground :p.

In the words of brydon. If its not going to the ecu forget about it. The power wires are yellow with a blue stripe. Merge them if you're using your chassis main relay. When I did an 00' to 02' wrx merge I merged all the grounds.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So after searching for a few hours i found this :) So if i am reading this correctly i need to T in those wires originally going straight from the wrx ecu to the smj to the rs harness. Correct?

Originally Posted by silent
I've noticed that for the 02 WRX, several wires connect to the SMJ.
The wires I have listed in your notes that branch off to the SMJ are:
Ignition Switch - B134/5
Sensor Power Supply - B135/9
Ground (Power Supply) - B136/17
Ground (Control System) - B134/7, 15

Do I just tap in the corresponding RS wires to that existing system or something else?

Originally Posted by Byrdon

Cut them closest to the ecu on the RS and merge (T) them to the WRX. There are still other things in the car that need these grounds. They are physically grounded at the intake manifold so the new harness is providing the ground for the ecu but there are other things in the car that will need power and ground that the factory harness and ecu provided.

·
Registered
1999 RS JW0 < ftw
170 Posts
help!!!!!!

Rear oxygen sensor

Signal 135-17 W
Shield 135-26 SB
Heater 136-13 RW

Fuel pump controller

Signal 1 134-13 LgR
Signal 2 136-15 VW

im almost done with the wire harness but these wires seem to go nowhere,
an experienced help?

·
RIP 08.24.2013
01 legacy L
8,015 Posts
brydon doesn't visit very often, if ever anymore.

but I'm sure he wouldn't be upset about you hosting them elsewhere if you have them.

121 - 140 of 290 Posts