Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

101 - 120 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey I just got finished merging an 02 WRX to an 00 R.S. following your guide. I ran across 2 wires that (I believe) are unaccounted for. One is B136/29 a R/W wire from the R.S ECU to the 2nd wire in the MAP (sensor # 22012aa070). I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion on what this does and where I can merge it to.

The other is just a blue wire going into a ground plug and I will re-ground it in the WRX plug.

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

·
Registered
GC8
2 Posts
i live in cali. i have a RHD GC8 & a JDM EJ20, and 02 wrx harness but i dose not look like the one you posted need help im doing this on my own and going crazy. i took the ac heater out!! dont need it in cali. ill post a pic later its 1 am see going crazy lol. THANKS in Advance

·
Registered
95 Impreza L
15 Posts
Hey I drive a 1997 impreza with a EJ22 sohc. Today I got 02-04 wrx ecu,intake manifold and heads with cams for $135. Now My question is what I have to do to make the Wrx heads work with my ej22 short-block. Do I need to buy the wrx harness. Any info or help would be really grateful.

·
RIP 08.24.2013
01 legacy L
8,015 Posts
Just in case the other thread isn't monitored that much.

I have an issue and would appreciate any help I could get.

00RS to 02 WRX swap

B135 pin 26 (RS) is neutral position switch, however, it's going directly from the engine control harness to the ecu plug. This is on both northursalia.com's pinouts AND the nasioc conversion sheet.

Does the ECU require the +12v to think it's not in gear? For my legacy to SVX engine merge I just grounded the neutral switch, no issues. Doesn't start in gear, MUST be in N or P to start. Would this be the same way?

Again, thanks for the help :)

·
RIP 08.24.2013
01 legacy L
8,015 Posts
That's the problem, it's coming FROM the engine harness, TO the ecu of the RS.

If I give it a signal it's not going to do anything, because, I'm cutting the RS's engine harness off.

·
RIP 08.24.2013
01 legacy L
8,015 Posts
-_-
I shall re-check before snippage.

*edit*

Wait, then it doesn't even matter, because he's using the WRX Trans he's going to get the neutral switch from the WRX position sensor and transmission plug.

:facepalm:

·
RIP 08.24.2013
01 legacy L
8,015 Posts
Yup, my bad :lol:.

Going to go snipping again, should have struck me to begin with >.<.
Thanks for posting up though, I appreciate it!

·
Registered
01 2.5RS sparkly blue sedan
43 Posts
Is there anything different or additional I'll need to do for an 01 rs 4eat with 02 wrx ecu and engine harness and 04 wrx main harness?

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,102 Posts
Look at the diagrams.

Some pins only are for 4EATs, and other are different. They have them labeled.

I believe the neutral position and reverse pins are a bit different, but don't quote me on that.. i'm just trying to remember off the top of my head haha

101 - 120 of 289 Posts