Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 60 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
ok :confused:

I guess the only difference is that my car is actualy swapped and ran about a week ago and was going to go out to some events this month.
Thats not the only difference. The bigger difference is that I know how to use the search function. Also, if the car ran, its not an immobilizer problem. The car can NOT start without that wiring done correctly, no chance.

the immobilizer system on 05+ STi consists of the ignition key, the ecu and an immoblizer unit (box). all 3 components must either be out of the same car or reprogrammed at a dealer. you'll also need the antenna/receiver for the key which is integrated into the light surrounding the key cylinder.

the 04 STi is also throttle by wire

you can use an 04 ecu to bypass the immoblizer system but if using an 05+ harness a few pins need to moved on the ecu end.
And oh look, a '07 sti pinout by brydon himself

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f128/t81387-07sti-into-99rs-swap-all-silent.html

·
Registered
1998 Forester on Orange 57F
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Added a few more pictures and some words. I'm trying to finish this up before I leave the country on sunday.

So far 152 pictures but I have 20 more on my camera to upload.

·
2.0L Turbo
1998 2.5RS Black EJ205
3,870 Posts
This is really amazing, and would have saved me so much time on my swap!!

Thanks for helping me out while I was doing my wiring prior to this write up!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Added a few more pictures and some words. I'm trying to finish this up before I leave the country on sunday.

So far 152 pictures but I have 20 more on my camera to upload.
Ill send you some travel money if you finish this before you leave :p. I'm ready to start the merge Thursday.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Ill send you some travel money if you finish this before you leave :p. I'm ready to start the merge Thursday.
Now we are talking. :D Hopefully I will finish it all up tomorrow.

·
Registered
2x01 2.5RS, 97 gm4
2,208 Posts
Thats not the only difference. The bigger difference is that I know how to use the search function. Also, if the car ran, its not an immobilizer problem. The car can NOT start without that wiring done correctly, no chance.

And oh look, a '07 sti pinout by brydon himself

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f128/t81387-07sti-into-99rs-swap-all-silent.html
oh cool, lets play smart ass. And how would you know its not immobolizer? ....hmm lets see....main harness is inside of the car.....immobolizer wiring isn't...now you believe me? don't come to conclusions and make yourself look smart with out knowing whats going on.

i know pin #'s. Just going to try figure out what wires are needed to let it start also connector/pin # don't tell me what exact ecu connector it is...not like they are labeled.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #51

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Finish most of the words for the pictures I have posted. I will upload the rest tomorrow and hopefully finish the write up. Thanks to Bansheeboy11 for the harness in order to take all these pictures.

If anything is unclear when you perform your merge please take a picture and send it to me to add to the guide and discuss.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Finish most of the words for the pictures I have posted. I will upload the rest tomorrow and hopefully finish the write up. Thanks to Bansheeboy11 for the harness in order to take all these pictures.

If anything is unclear when you perform your merge please take a picture and send it to me to add to the guide and discuss.
Get your PayPal ready..lol

·
2.0L Turbo
1998 2.5RS Black EJ205
3,870 Posts
Brydon,

Do you have a picture of Ground (power supply) B136/17 and where it splices? And can you take a picture of the completed harness, zoomed out so you can see the entire thing? Thanks!

-Brenton

·
Registered
Bugeye and STiL
587 Posts
Its an 02 WRX harness, being merged with a 99 RS harness. Have a picture of your harness?
no i dont have pics, the harness is in my car.
i dont see pics of the passsenger side engine harness and my ecu doesnt have 5 white connectors, it has one big one. at least that what i remember from the last time i had it apart years ago to install a pos turboxs piggyback...

·
Registered
2000 RS
408 Posts
Everyone else has said it already but this is great info!!

Now..... I am curious, how difficult is it to put the wiring back INTO the car?

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Brydon,

Do you have a picture of Ground (power supply) B136/17 and where it splices? And can you take a picture of the completed harness, zoomed out so you can see the entire thing? Thanks!

-Brenton
I update pictures, the last one is of the entire harness after the merge.

On this merge the B136/17 did not connect to the rest of the body harness. It might only be on the 2000/2001. This was a 1999.

·
2.0L Turbo
1998 2.5RS Black EJ205
3,870 Posts
Okay, I had the same thing in my 98. It went to the RS engine section.

And if you could, I had a few questions in my swap thread!

41 - 60 of 290 Posts