Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 40 of 295 Posts

·
EJ Money Pit
05 LGT Limited OBP 5 Speed
1,085 Posts
Hey Brydon, got a quick question, any way to remove the plugs for systems that you don't need safely while dong this? For example my car does not have ABS, I took out cruse control and the AC. Im wondering if there is a way to remove the wiring for the plugs that go with these systems without starting a fire or having the instrument panel light up like crazy. It would be nice to cut out the big ABS pump plug and all the extra crap.

·
Registered
MY99 GF4 EJ227 JDM 6spd
5,262 Posts
I paid $1200 back in the day..... now my current swap just has the whole chassis harness laid in. It has GF wagon plugs merged into it and plugs into my wagon's headlights, taillights, fuel pump. No power doors or locks. Forget those. lolz

Keep up the good work!!!

·
Registered
1999 Black LGT H6
594 Posts
So looking at all the pictures I kinda get sick to my stomach thinking about all the wiring I did. Although mine looks a lot more hacked up that yours. I am going to stip another harness soon and make it look a lot more presentable.

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,307 Posts
Brydon might make it look easy, and it is for some of us, but you need to have a decent knowledge of how electricity works to make sure you don't fubar your ecu, sensors, car... Just saying.

Nice thread, Brydon

·
the hard way
1972 240Z
10,462 Posts
I paid $1200 back in the day..... now my current swap just has the whole chassis harness laid in. It has GF wagon plugs merged into it and plugs into my wagon's headlights, taillights, fuel pump. No power doors or locks. Forget those. lolz

Keep up the good work!!!
THATS hot roddin :lol:

thank you for taking the time to write this up brydon, it will be helpful to folks for yeeeeeears to come...

·
2.0L Turbo
1998 2.5RS Black EJ205
3,870 Posts
I shouldn't say anything yet, because I am still working out some bugs with my swap. But I did my wiring last week, without this thread and if I can do it, anyone can.

Electronics and wiring scare me so much, but my father and friends convinced me to try it. I read Brydons wiring swap thread for a 1998 to wrx swap, and followed that. I had to strip out an entire wrx chassis harness and figure out what to keep and where to splice...etc. With his help, plus others from this board, there is no reason people can't do their own wiring.(Although, I do admit, if I had plenty of extra cash, I would have sent it to iWire, just to be 100% worry free.)

But, I got my swap started today, and I just need to fix a few small things.

-Brenton

·
Registered
86 Posts
could you please post up how to wire in 07 sti imobolizer back into the harness? and maybe what exactly is needed to stay in the harness for the car to run?
Lets have him finish the regular wrx tutorial that everyone is anxiously awaiting before we get into that.

·
Registered
2x01 2.5RS, 97 gm4
2,208 Posts
Lets have him finish the regular wrx tutorial that everyone is anxiously awaiting before we get into that.
ok :confused:

I guess the only difference is that my car is actualy swapped and ran about a week ago and was going to go out to some events this month.

21 - 40 of 295 Posts