Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

281 - 295 of 295 Posts

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,029 Posts
Yes that should be a correct way to merge those wires, on the RS the ECU ground-switches the relay so realistically it just needs to be grounded but it doesnt have to be that exact pin. But merging that with a ground split is the most convenient, so ill add that into the guide. Thanks for pointing that out.

Also a little update from my end, im working on the photos/video for the guide and tidying up the spreadsheets with pinouts for EJ205 merges, EJ25/DBW is a work in progress, but my site is up and the technical info page has all GC and GD service manuals as well as a ton of other stuff so let me know what you think. I will have a page dedicated to merging shortly

Project-car.net Technical information

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ok got my harness back in the car over the past week. Got everything hooked back up and was going to start it today. Turn the key on and the fuel pump runs like it should but I have no starter when I go the crank side of the switch. What did I miss? I am pretty sure I triple checked all of my connections but I must have missed one.

I dont have the gauge cluster hooked up and I dont have the dash all the way back in it because I was wanting to run it first.
Going to dive in with a volt meter in the next couple of days but anything will be helpful.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,029 Posts
What year is your car? Id double chek your starter wiring, ive forgotten the ground on it more than once. After that run through your starter system from key, to interlock relay to the starter itself.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Car is a 2000 with a 03 WRX swap. The battery ground is attached at the top of the stater, the small wire is attached, and the positive is attached. Going to check my switch wiring since this car had security system on it that I removed a while ago.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Figured out what it was. I am dumb. I forgot that the clutch switch went bad before I parked it to do the swap. Jumped the switch and the car fired right up lol.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Got a new question. When I am ready to flash a new map do I need both the white plug and the green plugs?

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,029 Posts
Depends how you wired it in, it runs to the ECU so it should be there, me personally i merge them together and i have my green test connector on a switch since i flash it all the time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ok is up and running and working on the tune since I have some aftermarket stuff I put on it lol.

Went to charge the a/c and I the a/c switch doesn't work. I jumped the relay and the compressor comes on but not with just hitting the switch.

I have it wired like the writeup but guess I could of messed something up.

Looks like there is a a/c switch that is B134/2 to B135/27 Is this the button on the dash?
A/C relay B137/27 to B134/17 in the writeup is says brown wire to brown with red tracer, mine was brown on both ends.
Blower fan B134/9 to B136/30 I am guessing this is the speed control?

When I jump the relay and the system comes on the motor does idle up like it should.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,029 Posts
Yes AC switch is to the dash hvac unit, I went and checked the RS side wire and it is brown in the wiring diagram, and the blower fan relay should be green/red on both ends, i must have copied it from a prior model year so i made the correction in the guide. Its possible the swtich is bad, or you have a bad pressure switch (on the drier mounted to the pass strut tower) ive had those go bad in old GCs more than once. You can jump it to check that as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Still stumped on why the a/c wont work. I have checked connection between all of the wires that go to everything and everything is good. Jumping the pressure switch on the drier doesnt change anything. Do you know of a way to check the evap thermistor that is in the a/c box? I can jump the relay and the clutch engages and everything gets cold like it should.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,029 Posts
You could do a resistance test on the evap sensor, but if your jumping the relay and it works, just follow that back through the circuit. I have seen ECUs with dead drivers, its usually something related to the engine, but its possible the AC output doesnt work too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Interesting. The compressor for the 00 has a different pinout than the 02 model. I can jump from the green/red to the blue on the relay in the fuse box and it runs. The blue goes to the clutch on the 00 and the other 2 wires go to the switch on the back to compressor. On the 02 the those 2 are connector together. Looks like they switched the pinout on the plug.

281 - 295 of 295 Posts