Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

261 - 270 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
The WRX harness is from a 03 WRX auto wagon. I have went through almost all of the pins and have 3 that don't go anywhere. 1 I found was the ground feed from the engine, must have got snipped when I was cutting the harness out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ok does it matter that I got the donor harness from a auto car and I am putting it into a manual car?

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,006 Posts
No the engine harness wiring is from your engine donor car, use the link i gave you thats the entire engine electrical section from the factory service manual.

·
Registered
99 WRB GC V9 Spec C RA recce
911 Posts
need some guidance

99RS swapped w/207, full engine harness, fuel pump controller etc

I am going to swap to GD dash, so will be looking to get GD dash harness

What should I be merging to what? I understand GD STI cluster requires some things that are missing, like the diff light

any tips appreciated

·
Registered
1998 RSTi
1,033 Posts
need some guidance

99RS swapped w/207, full engine harness, fuel pump controller etc

I am going to swap to GD dash, so will be looking to get GD dash harness

What should I be merging to what? I understand GD STI cluster requires some things that are missing, like the diff light

any tips appreciated
This will have a bunch of info related to the dash swap - Post | iwire

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ok got it all done, or so I thought lol. I have 3 wires that aren't hooked up.

A red wire that leads into the engine bay harness with the starter and cruise hook up. It goes to a 3 wire oval connector.

I have a Lite Green with a black tracer and a Green with a white trace that runs into the main rs harness near the cover that goes behind the heater box.

The green with the white tracer goes splits into a bunch of wires just after the grey holder piece.

The green with black tracer goes to one of the relays of the three together on a holder lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nah this part mostly takes a few beers and a razor blade. :) when I'm breaking down harnesses the last thing I think about is, "I wonder where this wire goes?" I pretty much just slice and dice until it is free. Then the thinking starts later.

:help: I feel like I should have a donation center set up so people can donate to me helping everyone. :help:
i know this is a pretty old thread but im trying to do the merge and the pictures arent working and the link at the top doesnt take me anywhere either?

·
Registered
1 Posts
thanks, the instructions gives me a good idea what to do but the pictures are still unavailable and the links to the wire diagram and the other host post arent available

261 - 270 of 270 Posts