Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

261 - 280 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
The WRX harness is from a 03 WRX auto wagon. I have went through almost all of the pins and have 3 that don't go anywhere. 1 I found was the ground feed from the engine, must have got snipped when I was cutting the harness out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ok does it matter that I got the donor harness from a auto car and I am putting it into a manual car?

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,029 Posts
No the engine harness wiring is from your engine donor car, use the link i gave you thats the entire engine electrical section from the factory service manual.

·
Registered
99 WRB GC V9 Spec C RA recce
943 Posts
need some guidance

99RS swapped w/207, full engine harness, fuel pump controller etc

I am going to swap to GD dash, so will be looking to get GD dash harness

What should I be merging to what? I understand GD STI cluster requires some things that are missing, like the diff light

any tips appreciated

·
Registered
1998 RSTi
1,033 Posts
need some guidance

99RS swapped w/207, full engine harness, fuel pump controller etc

I am going to swap to GD dash, so will be looking to get GD dash harness

What should I be merging to what? I understand GD STI cluster requires some things that are missing, like the diff light

any tips appreciated
This will have a bunch of info related to the dash swap - Post | iwire

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ok got it all done, or so I thought lol. I have 3 wires that aren't hooked up.

A red wire that leads into the engine bay harness with the starter and cruise hook up. It goes to a 3 wire oval connector.

I have a Lite Green with a black tracer and a Green with a white trace that runs into the main rs harness near the cover that goes behind the heater box.

The green with the white tracer goes splits into a bunch of wires just after the grey holder piece.

The green with black tracer goes to one of the relays of the three together on a holder lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nah this part mostly takes a few beers and a razor blade. :) when I'm breaking down harnesses the last thing I think about is, "I wonder where this wire goes?" I pretty much just slice and dice until it is free. Then the thinking starts later.

:help: I feel like I should have a donation center set up so people can donate to me helping everyone. :help:
i know this is a pretty old thread but im trying to do the merge and the pictures arent working and the link at the top doesnt take me anywhere either?

·
Registered
1 Posts
thanks, the instructions gives me a good idea what to do but the pictures are still unavailable and the links to the wire diagram and the other host post arent available

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ok I have a few wires that don't go anywhere lol There is a green with a black tracer that goes to this plug.

and a red wire that goes to this plug.
I know this thread is super old and he hasn't been around in a while but I cant figure out where these go.

Also it doesn't show how to wire up the fuel pump controller at all.

·
Registered
2000 RS gray/silver
89 Posts
unsure what plugs those are.
find the wiring diagram and find them and see what they are for.
if its something you need keep it. if not than tape it off or cut it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The blue connector goes to the wiring that goes to the gauge cluster. The black connector goes to the little pressure sensor on the passenger side strut tower on my 00rs.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,029 Posts
Just a heads up, my wiring guide is posted on my website here, im working on spreadsheets with pinouts and cleaning up some little things. Any feedback is appreciated, let me know if theres things you'd like me to add to it or change.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Question, how accurate is this for a 2006 impreza 2.5i? Wanting to buy some harness and start this process so no downtime of my current car.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,029 Posts
This thread was based around a 99 RS being swapped with a 02-04 WRX so none of is relevant aside from the general process. Personally with GD chassis cars, you can just swap out the entire harness with an WRX one, its not worth the time to do a merge.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think I found a small issue with the wiring guide.

In the pictures on the first page of the forum it tells you to to tee the RS fuel pump relay control B134/16 into B135/19 on the WRX harness but in your merge guide it says that that wire is not found on the WRX and to tape it off. I have guessing it has to be teed since that is what turns the fuel pump relay on.

Also would it be possible to mount the FPC under the dash like I-wire does with this guide?

261 - 280 of 295 Posts