Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

241 - 260 of 295 Posts

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,029 Posts
Ill get the photos inserted into the guide this week and give it a once over for anything obvious. Ill host it here as a PDF and you guys can nit pick at it a bit, ill make some changes for a revision and release an updated version afterwards in which im hoping to get some info on earlier JDM 20G/K swaps and EG/EZ swaps. But my sources for both of those engines arent reliable enough to use their info in this.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,029 Posts
Heres a link for the guide as it sits, havent updated much. Plop your email address and it will send you the link to download it. If anyone spots changes that need to be made, or have any kind of input as to what should be in it, anything that should be taken out etc please let me know.

FYI this will be the only post/link to see it for now, ill post elsewhere once im happy with how it looks.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,029 Posts
Eventually id like to add other models, i have most of the impreza stuff done and for the most part that will cover Forester models as well. I can work on Legacy models as well i just need to get everything organized.

However i need some feedback as to how its currently presented, do you guys like the way its displayed/organized with the columns? Its in the same order as the service manuals and listed vertically so you can just read across each line to see the connector/pin/wire color for each circuit that needs to be merged.

As far as side notes, i need to know what issues people have run into with their merging like branches that can be cut and made into a single circuit, or certain circuits that can be omitted all together etc etc.

Anything helps, id like to make this a one stop shop for anyone who needs to look up anything related to harness merging for subarus.

·
Registered
2001 RS2.5, coupe
4 Posts
To Bansheeboy11,
in 2014 I did a JDM import EJ20 STI turbo swap into a 2001 RS2.5 . I created a large excel spreadsheet showing all wiring connections, existing and spliced. It also included other connectors (not just ECU). It’s complete as far as the car runs fine, however there are still several wire mysteries (extras/missing).

It looks more complex than your guide, but I’ll share it with you and I hope it proves useful.

…..FerneyO

Attachments

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,029 Posts
While that is a very comprehensive list, theres too much information thats not really needed to do a merge. Whatever ends up being in my guide needs to be user-friendly so termination points and whatnot arent necessary.

Ive still not heard from anyone ive given the guide to, or anyone who has input for their merges :lol: however im working on digging through JDM/Euro diagrams to add more pages for various cars.

·
Registered
2005 2.5rs red
9 Posts
So I don’t mean to dig up an old thread but new to the forum and looking for some answers to some questions. I’ve got a completely 02 wrx that I’m looking to swap into an 05 2.5rs. I’ve got the harnesses from both I wanna know if I can just use the engine harness from the bug eye and keep the stock 2.5rs harness. I’d obviously have to wire in my boost controller afterwards. Also swapping it from an auto to manual if that matters. Yes I’ve looked all over but can’t get a straight answer

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,029 Posts
Nope, the harnesses need to be merged or entirely swapped out, which is do-able on GD cars. Theres a bunch of stuff that the WRX ECU needs wired in that needs to be cut out from the original harness.

·
Registered
2005 2.5rs red
9 Posts
Nope, the harnesses need to be merged or entirely swapped out, which is do-able on GD cars. Theres a bunch of stuff that the WRX ECU needs wired in that needs to be cut out from the original harness.

Is there any chance you have a write up on how to do the merge? I’m willing to do the work just need a good guide on doing it, I’m good with wiring if I have a good guide but trying to figure out what connectors need to be merged on my own has proven to be very frustrating. I haven’t found a good write up anywhere and you seem to have a lot of knowledge about this

·
Registered
1 Posts
Or would the front harness from an 05 wrx be plug n play into the engine harness for the 02 and eliminate any merging?
You need to understand what are the ecu output (ecu pinouts/ connectors/ wires) and what are the inputs from your car that you need to merge into the wrx ecu harness. There is no plug n play, you need to deep dive into both harness, wiring diagram and know every plug and where it end if you want a perfect merge.

You can find all the documentation that you need. I can send you my worksheet that i do for my Foz07 na to wrx gd/sti.

This thread help me a lot, but most of my results come from my research. This is just a basic guide line that you can use to your own swap.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 XL en utilisant Tapatalk

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,029 Posts
Just a reminder, ive still received no feedback from anyone ive sent my guide to. If anyone who is currently working on or seriously planning their own swap/merge would like to look it over and suggest changes, id like to get this wrapped up since its been a year since i started it :lol:

The link for the early version of the guide is HERE

·
Registered
1997 impreza brighton coupe
170 Posts
Lots of work put into that guide. Its pretty good. A very accurate explanation of whats involved. I used Brydons years ago and it certainly helps. But you really should know every pin and plug and understand every wire you touch. That way you can troubleshoot.
I liked having the visual image of both harnesses. If i had to do it again i would have made a quick jig, just to hold both harnesses ecu plugs in the same spot while i cut and joined.

·
Registered
27 Posts
On the new guide which was are the plugs facing you when counting the wires. With the old write up one was looking at the front of the connector and one was looking at the back.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,029 Posts
Can you be more specific? Have a particular page number or anything? The factory service manual doesnt always follow that rule unfortunately, i tried to keep everything in order in my guide.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sorry I was reading it wrong. They are done from the back on both connectors in your guide.

Just went through the 1.2 Guide and found some differences in what my harness has.

I have a 00 rs25 that I am putting a 03 wrx auto engine and harness in.

B134/8 is WHT-BLK on my connector and not GRN-BLK

B134/13 is LGRN-RED instead of VLT-WHT

B134/15 is BLK-RED instead of LGRN-RED Also you have this down at the bottom as a ground.

B137/27 BROWN to B134/17 for the a/c relay is just BROWN on my 00 harness

B137/22 LGRN-BLK to B134/1 for tank pressure is LGRN-BLK on my 00 harness

B134/17 BLK-WHT to B136/3 is not listed color it is BLK-WHT on my 00 harness

B134/3 BLU to B135/21 is listed as WHT-RED but is BLU on my 00 harness

B136/17&22 you have listed as just BLK-WHT, the 17 is BLK-WHT the 22 is YLW-RED on my 03 auto harness. Should both of these be hooked to B134/8 BLK-WHT?

B134/7&15 is using some of the same wires the the fuel pump controller was using.

B134/6 doesn't list a color but it is LGRN-WHT on the 03 harness and LGRN-WHT on the 00 harness.

Really looking forward to your videos on this.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,029 Posts
Ill check them out this weekend, all wire colors and pin locations are pulled right from the factory service manual but there are errors in there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Anybody have a pinout of the connector where the body harness meets the engine harness? I want to triple check all of my wiring.

241 - 260 of 295 Posts