Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 sti
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am about ot installed Brullen headers on my 99 RS. What I need to know is will I need to make the wires for the O2 sensor longer??? If yes how do I go about doing this?:confused:

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
1,828 Posts
you just need to splice in a piece of wire for each wire there is to the desired length... maybe you can use the CEL fix to lengthen it;)

·
Registered
2004 sti
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CEL fix?? Explain?
DanzBorin said:
you just need to splice in a piece of wire for each wire there is to the desired length... maybe you can use the CEL fix to lengthen it;)

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
1,828 Posts
Crimson said:
CEL fix?? Explain?
Aftermarket headers have been known to give you a cat inefficiency CEL, due to the fact that they do not hold heat in as well as the stock ones... To eliminate this, you can get a CEL fix that goes right before the 2nd O2 sensor that sends the correct reading to the ECU, therefore making the ECU think everything is running smooth and keeping the light from coming on...;)

·
Registered
04 wrx wrb
158 Posts
on the CEL fix....are you talking about the same thing as a MIL elimenator.....I am running Catless and The MIL elimantor help with the CEL for that......also do you get the CEL problem with all the aftermarket Headers?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts