Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
woot woot, here's to quick fixes, fingers crossed! I had a loose alternator connector, so my guess is that is the culprit. It was not loose at some point, but when I got in there and started checking everything it wasn't fully seated and when I pushed I got a very satisfactory click as it locked in place... so here's to hoping that is it, I will resume testing to see if that fixes it! My guess is when I got into the heat in the traffic that connector loosened up, and it probably just settled back down when it cooled off to give me fewer problems. I dunno, that is the going theory at the moment...

·
Registered
159 Posts
woot woot, here's to quick fixes, fingers crossed! I had a loose alternator connector, so my guess is that is the culprit. It was not loose at some point, but when I got in there and started checking everything it wasn't fully seated and when I pushed I got a very satisfactory click as it locked in place... so here's to hoping that is it, I will resume testing to see if that fixes it! My guess is when I got into the heat in the traffic that connector loosened up, and it probably just settled back down when it cooled off to give me fewer problems. I dunno, that is the going theory at the moment...
Glad to hear it's something that minor!

Had a similar experience when I switched around my coil pack plugs on the left bank by mistake when dropping in the motor, freshly built engine sounded like a tractor on startup....I was ready to take off the timing cover to make sure I didn't screw anything up until on a hunch I swapped the plugs around and bam perfect idle.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
I sold the Forester, and I was honest and told the buyer it was going through oil, that chapter is behind me, finally! So, I'm back on the coupe, going to try to lay down some paint before it gets too cold.

I got more thrill out of letting a good friend drive it than anything else recently. He could buy pretty much any car he wants, has a 2002 Viper GTS, '69 Camaro RS/SS Convertible 5 spd, a Porsche Panamera, etc etc... and he was so excited to drive it! He had a huge grin driving it, was shocked how easy it is to drive gentle and yet how powerful it is, and he said it was rowdier, louder, snappier, and not sure all the words he used to compare it to his Viper, he compared my Sh!tbox to a very clean '02 Viper GTS coupe! I can't even fit in the Viper as a passenger, forget driving it, so I'll have to take his word... That was a shock that left me feeling very good about what I've accomplished, moving forward!

121 - 124 of 124 Posts