Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

121 - 140 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
2002, Impreza 2.5RS, White
308 Posts
I absolutley love every part of this car except for the stripped interior. I know you autox but that just my taste. Everything is so impressive. "Street Bike acceleration." Man I'm jealous.

·
Registered
97 Impreza WRX Green
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #127

·
Registered
97 Impreza WRX Green
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
I will be autocrossing mainly with eugene (eescc). The rest of this season I am going to try to sort out the car and how to drive it, but next season Im going for points in FP.

·
yep. you heard me.
03 Legacy GT wagon
6,471 Posts
FP is a good class for EESCC, your have pretty light competition.
raw results from previous event
http://www.eescc.org/Publications/2010Event4Results.pdf
i'm there under Street Modified in 6th (first time ever doing autox in this car, previously i had a 95 impreza FWD mostly stock in ST/STS)
and nick placed 5th in his impreza (he lives in eugene "rs_to_wrx_swap" here on the forum)

·
Registered
97 Impreza WRX Green
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
^^^ Exactly now that SM is a "higher" class than FP it is an easy choice. FP allows me to build the car how I want (and follow the rules) where SM does not. XP may be in the future...

·
yep. you heard me.
03 Legacy GT wagon
6,471 Posts
XP can get dangerous because there are some very capable cars in that class since its kindof the anything goes category. SM has kinda been the go-to class for engine swaps (subaru) although there are a lot of guys in that class that arent legally in it.

·
Registered
97 Impreza WRX Green
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Yeah I was about 6 tenths off of one of the faster XP drivers so I think it is possible but for now I plan on FP. SM is fun there are a lot of subarus but like you said almost none of them are SM legal.

·
Registered
97 Impreza WRX Green
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
I know my car is kind of low now so I wanted to see if I was on my bump stops.

Front

Rear

Front control arms still above parallel

·
Registered
97 Impreza WRX Green
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Ride height is about 13.5in from hub center to fender on all four corners, all bump stops have the softest ring cut off.

·
Registered
97 Impreza WRX Green
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
Just for reference

Yellow vette driver one was 1.9 sec faster, driver two was 1.6 sec faster.

White 911 was .5 sec slower.

Black Porsche was 2.1 sec faster.

Blue 944T was 1.5 sec faster.

121 - 140 of 296 Posts