Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

101 - 120 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
97 Impreza WRX Green
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Going clockwise from the throttle body the bov flange is just after the first coupler facing down. You can sorta see it in this pic where I was trying to use the stock bpv. I am going to weld a tial in where it makes the most sense.

·
Registered
97 Impreza WRX Green
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
As far as cooling, I haven't pushed to too hard yet, but when the hot side is hot the cold side is still cold.

Update on power steering delete- for daily driving its awesome I feel very connected with the car even low speed corners feel great, for autox Im not sure how its going to go.

Going to weigh and corner weight the car next week, I will post the numbers when I have them.

·
Registered
Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
2,557 Posts
thanks for all the info on the CXracing intercooler....

bet your car will be in the 2500 lbs range, maybe lighter which would be awesome

·
Registered
97 Impreza WRX Green
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #106 (Edited)
Car weighs 2560 in street trim, autox will be less, and there are still areas to remove more weight. This is with half tank of gas.

Front axle 1540 lb
Rear axle 1020 lb

Tried to corner weight but I don't think it was very accurate.

·
Registered
97 Impreza WRX Green
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
As far as power steering delete

DD- love it
Track- should be good
Drift- don't think so
Autox- should be good (will find out soon)
Endurance- don't think so

·
Registered
97 Impreza WRX Green
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Alright race weight should be 2490 without drivers. Minimum gas for autox and race wheels. Race wheels and tires are 10lb less per corner.

·
Registered
1998 Forester on Orange 57F
4,129 Posts
You were "spotted" on nasioc. I linked this thread to the OR Spotted thread in the NWIC section.

·
Registered
Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
2,557 Posts
Awesome build man. I have that same turbo inlet, did you have any problem with it collapsing??
yours collapsed!?:eek:

i hope its not a common problem because thats the inlet and maf pipe i was going to buy (Gimmick Motorsports)

·
Registered
97 Impreza WRX Green
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Never had a problem with collapsing running up to 23psi. Mustang dyno read 330hp and 360tq @21 psi. If you are going to be running lots more power or psi you can buy a hard pipe too.

·
...Lower it
01 Aspen Ej205'd RS
7,010 Posts
yours collapsed!?:eek:

i hope its not a common problem because thats the inlet and maf pipe i was going to buy (Gimmick Motorsports)
No i didint put mine on i was JW some people told me it would im pushing 21pounds right now. I just wanted to make sure mine didint. Also where did you get the CX racing Front mount, Ebay?

·
Registered
2000 Subaru RSTi Silverthorn
349 Posts
Car looks great man, I hope to see it on the road sometime down here, I saw that you got spotted over by VRC on Nasioc.

101 - 120 of 296 Posts