41 - 60 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
97 Impreza WRX Green
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Pulling the engine

That wasn't very hard

Finally the wrx is stripped, time to pull it out of the garage and pull in the brighton

Anyone want a wrx shell for free?

·
Registered
1998 Impreza L Brilliant Red
2,113 Posts
Im sorry to see your WRX is wrecked, but in the same sentence, i think you're really lucky that you got the brighton to swap the rest of whats left of the WRX into your brighton! It looks like its gonna turn out to be an awesome build.

·
Registered
97 Impreza WRX Green
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Yeah I pulled the pedal box, guess I wasn't done in that picture yet. The Brighton is going to be a mix of my daily driver and my XP autocross car. Everyone in xp in my area is fwd so I want to mix it up. Wiring is as much of a mess as everyone says. Not looking forward to stripping down the harness of unnecessary weight.

·
Registered
97 Impreza WRX Green
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Ended up swaping the wrx gas tank, no pics though. Also got the brighton engine and trasmission out.

·
Registered
97 Impreza WRX Green
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Ordering ground control coilovers tomorrow, two options.
Front 350lb 8in
Rear 350lb 8in
or
Front 350lb 8in
Rear 300lb 8in

Any thoughts?
These are going to be matched with d-specs.

·
Registered
97 Impreza WRX Green
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Today I worked on stripping the brighton of more weight. The dry ice made removing the sound deadening a little easier. Overall it was about 20 pounds, a huge mess, and definitely worth it in the long run. Tomorrow I am planning on cleaning up and painting the inside black.

·
Registered
97 Impreza WRX Green
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
elislider- Not sure on what paint to use any recommendations? I was just thinking of rustolium.

sleepysuby- Yeah I am going to have a local shop (small world) check them out.

ericny- Right now I can pick up the front pretty easy! Can't wait to race it!

·
Registered
97 Impreza WRX Green
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Im planning on ditching the power steering, it seems the best way to do this is to remove the seals from the inside, grease everything and close up the openings. Does anyone have any experience with this on a subaru? I found a writeup for a miata that should be pretty universal.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Im planning on ditching the power steering, it seems the best way to do this is to remove the seals from the inside, grease everything and close up the openings. Does anyone have any experience with this on a subaru? I found a writeup for a miata that should be pretty universal.
Yea that's wat I did for my rx7 track car. Just make sure there's some lubricant of some sort for the rack.

I will have a few questions for u since I am going to do a similiar sti swap into my 96L.

·
Registered
97 Impreza WRX Green
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Wrx transmission, drive shaft, and shift linkage installed.

Ground control parts...

Still need to get some group-n's for the rear. Spring rates are 350lb front 300lb rear with 8in springs all around. Helpers are defiantly needed for the rear and I may still get a set for the front.

·
Registered
02 WRX wagon
121 Posts
i've just capped off the rack and removed the belt, pump, lines on 240sx. im doing it on my STi swapped L ASAP. should be no issues, my friend Mark did his 3-4 years ago with zero issues.

--keith

41 - 60 of 296 Posts