Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

281 - 296 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
97 Impreza WRX Green
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
Steering quickener, mapdccd and some new gauges/switches.
Switches- Fans, water pump, power steering, high/low boost
Gauge reads the awic water temp hot and cold.

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
470 Posts
Awesome! Keep the pics coming, oh yeah! :projectsti.com:

What are your thoughts on the steering quickener in a daily driver, way too much? And is that the fabled MR2 power steering pump?

·
Registered
97 Impreza WRX Green
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #284
I don't think I would run a steering quickener in a daily driver but I would be interested in the new 2015+ sti rack. I think its 13:1 and fits with some modification. If my math is correct my current ratio is 10:1 and I don't have to take my hands off the wheel during the average autox run. Power steering pump is from an MR2 spider and does pretty good job keeping up.

·
Registered
97 Impreza WRX Green
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #285
New lithium ion battery, this thing feels like an empty box. -10 pounds from the old light weight battery. Hopefully I don't have too many push starts in my future.

·
Premium Member
2001 Subaru Impreza L coupe
768 Posts
Nice. I have the Shorai lfx27 in my coupe. Hard to tell in your pic, but I think you have the lfx21? That should work pretty well as long as you take decent care of it. I like to throw mine on its fancy little charger about once a month or so. Its supposed to balance the cells and stuff.

Cool project though. Yay for a red coupe. Any idea how much the car weighs?

·
Registered
97 Impreza WRX Green
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #289
Yeah its a lfx21, I have the fancy charger to go with it. It was left over from a motorcycle. I have 2 actually, one I'm trying to bring back from dead right now, the other is new in box. I have no idea how well its going to work for my car but is encouraging that yours is working for you. At only 3 pounds its a pretty big weight reduction from any other battery.

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,733 Posts
FryphaX- Thanks for the kind words and good luck with your build. Are you building it for autox, track, street beast?
Currently the build is a fairly well prepped street car. Chassis bracing and all that. Mostly being built for Rally/Rally Cross and Ice Racing. Definitely plan to hit some Auto-X and track day events though.

When I swap to my rust free chassis with the flat roof I plan on making it more race orientated. May even do a full cage and try to run it in LSPR.

·
Registered
97 Impreza WRX Green
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #291
Once fully charged the 3 pound battery started the car no problem. Mapdccd all seems to be working correctly. AutoX next weekend will be my first time using an "Auto" mode for dccd. I'm going to try this map out below and see how it works. If anyone has thoughts on improving my map, I would be interest to hear it.

·
Registered
97 Impreza WRX Green
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #292 (Edited)
Dropped 3.5 pounds off the rear suspension today. Put the front stock lateral link back on, then with some bushing swapping put the front whiteline lateral link in the rear position. I don't run a rear sway bar so no need for the endlink bracket.

Just finishing up the alignment and its about ready to race for the season.

Adding hollow front sway bar, lighter and stiffer than the stock STi front sway bar I was running.

·
Registered
97 Impreza WRX Green
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #294 (Edited)
Video of day 2 with some slow-mo that turned out kinda cool.

EESCC 2019 Event 2 Autocross - YouTube

Overall this is the fastest the car has ever been. Most power, best cornering, best braking and easiest to drive. Bit of fine tuning needed, like higher rear tire pressure, but overall it was great. I can't wait to push the limits at a venue that doesn't have cement walls everywhere

·
Registered
97 Impreza WRX Green
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
Thoughts for next year.

Fresh Hoosiers, mine have too many runs on them now to truly be competitive.

Front Splitter, not sure what its worth time wise in autox but at least they look cool.

New coilovers with higher rates, maybe 12k front 10k rear

281 - 296 of 296 Posts