Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Zantrex-3 YES!
15,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tire size: 205/50/16

Wheel: JDM Ver. II Golds.

Review: These are the best tires I have ever driven on with my RS. 25mph on ramps now become 50mpg on ramps. The tires stick like glue and make little to no noise. I cannot say the long term life but I don't expect them to last very long. I have been riding on Pirellie P Zero Nero M+S for the last 8 months and these are such a step up it is unbelievable.

If you can afford the $800 charge for the tires I suggest getting them. I'm glad mine came with the wheels for that price :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
sorry for bringing up an old thread.
hopefully someone reads this within next week
does anyone how do these tires stand up to the direzza z1 star specs?

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
According to the results at the Solo championships, they are fairly close in performance. iirc, they require different setups to get the most out of them, but they are both very good.

·
Registered
150 Posts
i searched tire rack and not a lot of people rated them(z1 star specs). Are they even in the same catagory? their prices are pretty much the same give or take 20 dollars at the most

·
Better than you!
1997 LRSWRX, 1998 Lego GT
6,298 Posts
As far as numbers go, on paper the RE-01R's should do better. I have a couple friends with the Dunlop's and I have the Bridgestone's. I don't notice much of a difference between the two. But I know that from other testimonials people seem to think the Dunlop's have a bit better grip. Either way, you would be getting a great set of tires!

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS Impreza 4 door
3,408 Posts
Ehh..I'd get 235/40/17s, I think they look better and their diameter is a little smaller than stock which means a little tighter gearing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts