Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
BRGRacing 2.5 Full Exhaust kit.

4 into 1, 2.25 mandrel bend, dual high flow cats, magnaflow specially built straight through muffler.

Dyno results from stock exhaust on a 2002 2.5 RS:

141.1 HP @ 5953 / 143.5 Lb-FT @ 4055 at the crank.

Dyno results from Exhaust kit on 2002 2.5 RS:

145.5 HP @ 5255 / 156.2 LB-FT @ 4046 at the crank.

Gains of 4.4 HP 12.7 LB-FT torque

These numbers are with the CEL light on.

With the power band growing 699 RPMs and as you’ll see in the next post there is no intersection points in the Dyno curve from the old run, to the new run. Which is a very good thing, meaning that the power is consistent and has no weak points allowing for a very fast and responsive engine.

We have kept in mind the many stages the car will go through while being built through its life of performance and these kits, after much testing, have found the exhaust kits will accept much growth.

Along with the performance factors we have kept in mind, we have also made the exhaust to work around the many front anti-sway bars out there, that with the 02 2.5RS wont fit because of the stock exhaust.

In the next post I have the Dyno run matched against the stock dyno run. With the car still being stock, beside having a DIY CAI and a K&N filter, we are not seeing the large amount of growth the car is capable of doing with this kit but we are very happy to see the kit producing a new line curve.

From start to red line the kit carries through very smooth no drop in power like the stock run at red line.

The torque has increased, which is a good, do to the point that torque carries horse power's momentum.
With the torque, HP and the power band growing as well as it has, we have all the low end the RS is known for and yet the high end we need for fast straight away runs for track days.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What kit includes

The kit includes, all the gaskets, Urethane hangers,
And even a CEL SIM wired into a new rear O2 sensor, to fix the CEL issue. (Please keep in mind you can ask for the O2 sensor to be taken out of the kit.)

There are plans for a SS kit, and a header and down pipe for turbo kits, which will come later,
There’s even talk about a Titanium kit as well.

If anyone has questions or input please leave anything, your thoughts on the price, any special requests, like side pipes any thing.

Thanks
Paul at BRGRacing

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
BRG Racing

Stage 1 full kit "GT-RS" "Off road use only"

$1400.00
Full kit: "Jet coated" headers and collector.
Including 4 Urethane hangers, rear O2 sensor with CEL fix, and all needed gaskets.

$1245.oo
Full kit: With out rear O2 sensor and CEL fix.

Stage 2 Full kit "RRS" (Race only!!) "Off road use only"

$1499.00
Full kit: "Jet coated" headers and collector and mid pipe. Oval race muffler. "straight through design" Including 4 Urethane hangers, aluminized steal cat back section, and all needed gaskets.

The collector section and headers for "RRS" kit are spring lock mounted at the head flanges and collector for pit stops and easy maintenance.

This kit can also be sold with the new O2 sensor. $155.00

It is recommended to be used with new ECU or piggy back systems.

The "GT-RS" Kit also comes with same collector as the "RRS" kit.

Thanks
Paul at BRGRacing

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Paul,

Please check your PM's regarding your username and Vendor status on the club.

Thanks.

-James

·
Registered
54 Posts
Can you buy the section with just the header and resonator? If so what would the price be. Thanks a lot for your time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
structureboy said:
Can you buy the section with just the header and resonator? If so what would the price be. Thanks a lot for your time.
Do you mean every thing from the header back minus the muffler?
If that is what you mean that I would hope its safe to say you have a muffler section. If so let me know what you have and ill size it up and see what we can do.

Thanks
Paul.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Were going to soon, we’ve been testing the kit so much we neglected photos.

If there are any more questions please ask we're looking for feed back, granted we dont have alot of pics for you (working on that) but we would like to hear what ever you have to say.

Thanks
Paul at BRG Racing

·
Registered
98 2.5RS Rally Blue Pearl
396 Posts
Nice, can't wait to see some more pic's.

Till them, I've got a few questions:

- Is there a flange just aft of the collector? In the pic it looks like there is an angled flange on the primary cat (a close-up pic of that area should answer my question)?

- Can all standard Impreza cat-back systems bolt up to your cat pipe without any modifications?

- Is the header section jet coated both inside and out?

- Are there two O2 sensor plugs?

- You might have heard there are a few reports of the Random Technology cats internals falling apart. What brand cats are you using, and what are their service life/warranty?

***What's the price of a Stage 1 kit "coated" w/ gaskets, hangers, BOTH O2 plugs, and CEL fix only. [No cat-back section]

Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is a pic underneath the car, with the headers on with the cusco anti sway bar and the lower arm brace type II ( but after the exhaust kit was fully welded and placed on for first test run the header just lightly tapped on the brace.)

The clearance of this kit is better then stock by a half inch.

Thanks

Paul at BRGRacing.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Albert said:
Nice, can't wait to see some more pic's.

Till them, I've got a few questions:

- Is there a flange just aft of the collector? In the pic it looks like there is an angled flange on the primary cat (a close-up pic of that area should answer my question)?

- Can all standard Impreza cat-back systems bolt up to your cat pipe without any modifications?

- Is the header section jet coated both inside and out?

- Are there two O2 sensor plugs?

- You might have heard there are a few reports of the Random Technology cats internals falling apart. What brand cats are you using, and what are their service life/warranty?

***What's the price of a Stage 1 kit "coated" w/ gaskets, hangers, BOTH O2 plugs, and CEL fix only. [No cat-back section]

Thanks.
Hey Albert,

1. At this time I can only remember the muffler section is universal with the kit. but I think it is able to take a cat-back other than ours, if not we will make changes to that section soon. for cat-backs.

2. Yes the header and collector are jet coated in and out.

3. There are two O2 ports. ( see attachment drawing for kit lay-out.)

4. Perfection CATs both a pre cat and cat. both made with special patented honey comb metallic sub strata. Will be able to deal with the abuse of lean running cars or high heat.

( yes weve heard about Random's issues.)

5. There is going to be a flange with a "C" clamp in between the collector and the pre cat much like what you'll find on a 5 gallon drum. ( see attachment drawing for kit lay-out.)

Let me get back to you on the price with what your asking for a kit.

Thanks Albert.

Paul at BRGRacing.

[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS 4-door silv
144 Posts
You say it's for "off road use only".
So, if I put this on my car will I fail inspection?

I would also like a price without a cat-back.
Thank you,

·
Registered
98 2.5RS Rally Blue Pearl
396 Posts
Yes, please keep us updated on the header and cats section since many of us already have a cat-back system.

----
Hey, is there FINALLY a front lower brace that fits MY93-01 North America Impreza or is the Cusco piece only for MY02+?

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
OK, although the product looks great I have to say your dyno numbers are quite a bit optimistic. A stock RS makes no where near 141 whp, sorry.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Boy said:
OK, although the product looks great I have to say your dyno numbers are quite a bit optimistic. A stock RS makes no where near 141 whp, sorry.

The first post says:

Dyno results from stock exhaust on a 2002 2.5 RS:

141.1 HP @ 5953 / 143.5 Lb-FT @ 4055 "at the crank."

Dyno results from Exhaust kit on 2002 2.5 RS:

145.5 HP @ 5255 / 156.2 LB-FT @ 4046 "at the crank."

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Albert said:
Yes, please keep us updated on the header and cats section since many of us already have a cat-back system.

----
Hey, is there FINALLY a front lower brace that fits MY93-01 North America Impreza or is the Cusco piece only for MY02+?
Yes BRGRacing is working on a brace that will fit with our header & cat kit and will only be slightly off in shape from the Cusco version.

Because of the small spaces we are working in for the exhaust to fit just right and still work around with the Cusco anti-sway bar and a brace with out hitting anything we are going to make a new brace to stay close to the Cusco version but yet give way to the exhaust. Since in our R&D phase we had the headers tapping the Cusco brace at WOT.

Also Im working on those prices for you for the header-cat section, which will come with the gaskets, CEL fix and O2 and yes they will be jet coated.

Albert I’m also coming up with a price for what you asked for also.

Remember everyone (who reads this) that we here at BRGRacing are a racing company that what’s to work with you on a level beyond most to fabricate what you need or get very close to what you want.

So the more you work with use in giving questions and suggestion the better the product will be and the better it will perform for your needs.
( Just like we do with all the racers we work with in the bike and car areas.)

Thanks guys for all you feed back and written support.

Paul at BRGRacing

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
HammerShark said:
You say it's for "off road use only".
So, if I put this on my car will I fail inspection?

I would also like a price without a cat-back.
Thank you,
If your using your car for racing "Off road use only” you would need to trailer it to your local SMOG shop or you could drive it, and in that case since there is two cats, (which on some cars is short one cat) you should pass visual inspection but the actual smogging you might not.

If you are using your car for road use........ with these exhaust kits out there and need to smog it, it is suggested to place your stock kit on to smog and drive the car that way then if you go racing change it out.

Yet if you use this kit you should pass SMOG.

Ill get a price for you also.

Thank you for your questions HammerShark.

Paul at BRGRacing

1 - 20 of 28 Posts