Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
'00 Impreza RS
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whoever buys this, I guarantee that you won't be disappointed. I drove my RS with the one they sent me (just wasn't able to close the hood) and holy crap, what a difference. The motor will hit redline in no-time and the low end torque is still there as if it were stock. I wish I didn't crash my RS so I could enjoy this intake one last time.

·
Premium Member
2.5RS
8,447 Posts
thats on a an 02-03 though.

So on your 00, you were able to close the hood with the under tray and Gorilla intake installed?

·
Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
7,849 Posts
You should show test fit pictures. If i was closer i would bring my car by to help but i am not.

It would also be awesome to see before and after dyno results.

Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
'00 Impreza RS
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

So on your 00, you were able to close the hood with the under tray and Gorilla intake installed?
I never got to install this new intake. I was going to install it the same week I crashed my GC8.

You should show test fit pictures. If i was closer i would bring my car by to help but i am not.

Good luck with the sale.
I agree, test fit pictures would help here. Unfortunately, I can't do that due to my hood being completely mangled. The dyno sheet is floating around our forum already: check post #28 in this thread.

·
Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
7,849 Posts
Wow, nice graph. It also makes sense with what i have seen with other intakes on where the power is affected. Just this one seems to offer better performance. Good luck with your sale.

Chris

·
Registered
'00 Impreza RS
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, nice graph. It also makes sense with what i have seen with other intakes on where the power is affected. Just this one seems to offer better performance. Good luck with your sale.

Chris
Hence why I bought it. If this intake is good enough for the rally guys, it's good enough for me :) I've looked at many options for the CAI for the NA Subaru, and this one stood out the most. It's a damned shame I won't get to use it :(

·
Registered
98 Subaru Impreza RS coupe RBP
325 Posts
im definitely interested just need to make sure my donor car is a MAP not a maf

·
Registered
2000 SRP 2.5RS Sedan
515 Posts

Yes, I also received the revised version and it fits better than the previous and doesn't come into contact with anything (ac line, throttle body, hood like the previous one I had)

Good luck with the sale.
I could take some fit pictures and post them up for you

:bump: for the seller, sorry to hear about your car

·
Registered
'00 Impreza RS
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks, it sure sucks walking out of the house every morning and seeing it in the state that it's in. It's depressing. I hope the new Subaru will glue my heart back together...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts