Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Aspen White 2.5rs
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at replacing the pads and rotors on my car for agressive street and track use. I think ive decided to go with Hawk HP+ or Porterfield R4 pads. What is a good rotor to accompany these pads? Or should i just get the Stoptech Track/Street pad and rotor kit? If anyone has had any experience with these, some insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
4,438 Posts
what sort of track use are we talking about? fun club type days, or more serious? what tires are you using?

R4's are very abrasive pads, so be prepared there. They work great, used them before, but they aren't rotor friendly in my experience

The Stoptech street performance pads are ok for street, but horrendous for a real track day

Something like the DS2500 would be more in line for a true dual purpose pad for a car of this weight using even up to an r compound. Mate those with the DBA 4000 series or Powerslot/Stoptech rotors and you would have a nice setup.

·
Registered
02 Forester L\\ (RIP)01 2.5rs
1,146 Posts
Something like the DS2500 would be more in line for a true dual purpose pad for a car of this weight using even up to an r compound. Mate those with the DBA 4000 series or Powerslot/Stoptech rotors and you would have a nice setup.
+1 on the Ferodo DS2500. Fantastic pads for all uses. Highly recommended. I liked them more than my old Porterfield R4 pads, although those were pretty good too.

·
Registered
2001 Aspen White 2.5rs
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The car is a daily driver. But i do track days on the weekends at tracks like Blackhawk Farms where there is quite a bit of braking and heat built up in the brakes. As far as tires go, Ill probably be using some aggressive street tires or possibly R Comps.

·
Registered
2001 Aspen White 2.5rs
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Id like to find a rotor/pad setup under $500. I actually just bought the car and the brakes are just about gone so i dont really have any likes/dislikes about the current setup. I had Porterfield R4-S pads on my last car (miata) and I loved them so i think i might go with those again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.