Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 XT6. 2.7l H6, 4.11 5MT
565 Posts
use a vice grips

use a dremel or similar power tool to re-hex the nut

cut the line off, replace the nut, reflare the line, hope you have enough line elsewhere to compensate.

·
Registered
1999 Camo OBS 1993 FWD Impreza Racecar
3,189 Posts
BTW, I used a flare nut on my lines and they still stripped...

I havent been able to get them off yet. Next step is trying some grip-type wrenches and tin foil, then if that doesnt work ill take it somewhere to have them done. I'm not dealing with re-flaring the lines myself, thats just not my idea of fun...

·
Registered
02 GD6
2,056 Posts
Kostamojen said:
BTW, I used a flare nut on my lines and they still stripped...

I havent been able to get them off yet. Next step is trying some grip-type wrenches and tin foil, then if that doesnt work ill take it somewhere to have them done. I'm not dealing with re-flaring the lines myself, thats just not my idea of fun...
heat it with a torch for 10 seconds. then hit it with the flare wrench.

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
vise grips are the winner. stripped the shit out of mine when i swapped up to the RS brakes. used the visegrips to take em off and to put them back on.

·
Registered
88 XT6. 2.7l H6, 4.11 5MT
565 Posts
George of the Jungle said:
vise grips are the winner. stripped the shit out of mine when i swapped up to the RS brakes. used the visegrips to take em off and to put them back on.
vise grips fix all. I had a bleeder screw that was completely round (junkyard caliper). used a vise grips on it many times.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts