Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
'97 Impreza L
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I'm hoping someone can give me a little insight on this. I have a 95 L auto, if I have the headlights on my tail lights are bright like the brakes are on, but they aren't. Then when I turn the headlights off they all go out and the brake lights refuse to come on. I can't seem to get them to the point where they aren't so bright like for driving in the day. The full load seems to be going through and lighting them up fully. I've looked over most of the wiring to them and fuses, etc, but if anyone has any suggestions or ANY information, please chime in so I don't go unanswered and don't get pulled over again.

·
Registered
97 Posts
in your taillights there are two bulbs - one related to headlights, and one for brake lights. it is normal for taillights to be "on" when you turn on headlights, but when you press the brakes they should be brighter, because two bulbs would be on.

your brake light bulbs are dead, thats whats happening. its a common thing, our cars dont have best electrical system (some attribute it to poor grounding), and bulbs get fried often. i go through a couple of bulbs a year. fortunately they are cheap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts