Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

For 2012 we are now offering the full range of Braid Competition wheels. Many of you familiar with the rally scene have probably heard of Braid. For those that haven't, here is a brief introduction.

Braid was formed in Spain in 1978, with the sole purpose of making competition level wheels primarily for rally use. Their wheels have been used by amateurs and professionals alike. Because all the design, R&D and production is done in house, they have an amazing level of customization available. Wheels can be produced in a very wide range of offsets, bolt patterns, and colors, something you are hard pressed to find almost at any price point. Because they are designed primarily for competition use, this is a firm that embraces the 'small stuff', such as 15 and 16 inch sizes. Sure, they offer larger wheels, for touring car, etc. but the roots are in rally racing, and that remains their bread and butter. Since it's original introduction, the factory has expanded numerous times and today produces wheels ranging from gravel and tarmac spec cast wheels, to mulipiece, even forged and magnesium wheels.

To reiterate, these are not some fly-by-night knock off brand churning wheels out of some random factory in the middle of the pacific rim. These are legit motorsport level wheels. The same wheels the various teams through Europe use on their car, are the exact same wheels you can purchase for your car. These aren't wheels that will fall apart in a few years, or lose a tremendous amount of value, or fall 'out of style'. Good stuff never does!

Now, onto the good stuff! While we have access to the full range, and custom orders are easily accomplished, the following represents wheels that are available straight away

Winrace T Acropolis: This is a heavy duty, pure strength oriented gravel spec wheel.

Offered in 15x6.5, +45 (21.2 lbs), hubcentric, dual drilled so it fits both 5-100 and 5-114 cars, and finished in your choice of white or gold. Also available in 15x7 (22.2lbs) in gold. Both clear Subaru 4 pots

15x6.5 - $980 shipped in the 48 states per set
15x7 - $1020 shipped in the 48 states per set

Winrace TA: This is a lighter weight version of the Acropolis, making it suitable for tarmac or gravel use.

Currently in stock in 15x6.5 (18 lbs), white, +45 offset, dual drilled 5-114 and 5-100, clears factory 4 pot calipers. Priced at $960 shipped for the set in the 48 states

Winrace A: One of the most popular choices, this wheel can often be found on tarmac stages throughout Europe.

Currently in stock:

17x8 +45 (20.7 lbs) in white, dual drilled for 5-100 and 5-114 cars (clears Brembo and 4 pots). $1280 shipped in the 48 states

18x8 +49 (21.6 lbs) in gold in your choice of 5-100 or 5-114.3. Clears Brembo and 4 pots. $1376 shipped for the set in the 48 states.

Also have a limited 17x7, 5-100 +45 Winrace A in Black as well. Contact us for details

We will be adding the full range to our site in the coming days, so check z1auto.com often. Any specific questions you have, just ask.

Remember, while the above represents wheels that are good to go now, if you can dream it, it probably can be built! If you've got an event coming up that you NEED a set of wheels for, and waiting isn't an option, we can generally have a custom set, made just for you, on your doorstep in just a few weeks time. If your car has specific needs, such as unique suspension or brake requirements, or even just a custom color, we'll work with you to develop the right size, so it fits correctly, the first time

Thanks and Happy 2012!

·
Registered
2001 Miata SE
571 Posts
Forgive my ignorance, but are the wheels so heavy for their size because of strength?

And I'm actually surprised at the prices. I thought they'd be much higher with the use of "motorsport" "custom" "competition..." in the description.

·
Banned
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Forgive my ignorance, but are the wheels so heavy for their size because of strength?

And I'm actually surprised at the prices. I thought they'd be much higher with the use of "motorsport" "custom" "competition..." in the description.
these are competition level wheels, and designed to serve multiple seasons for the teams that run them. As Braid's tag line goes, it's the last set of wheels you'll have to buy

·
Registered
2001 2.5RS SRP sedan
593 Posts
There's are baller wheels. Alot of big money supras run braid wheels. They are no joke. They will do completely custom wheels. They can send you a template to measure the clearance in your wheel wheels and make you wheels that are perfect fitment.

I wish I could get some serie gt for my supra... But they are cost prohibitive. :(

·
Impreza Connoisseur
95 RSTi coupe, 05 STi, 05 FXT
583 Posts
Might be a long shot, but can Braid make a 17" wheel that clears the STI Brembos that provides the caliper protection of the Winrace T Acropolis?

·
Registered
EJ205'D STM RS
1,092 Posts
Wow, the Winrace A looks great. I'm really curious as to how this wheel would look on a street RS with a slight drop?

I'm in the market for some wheels and these are looking pretty tempting. And yes yes I know these are rally wheels. Rally function and whatnot. I think they'd look great in any application though.

·
The Silverback Mod
05 Black OBS
8,896 Posts
You mention dual drilled for 5x100 & 5x114? Wouldn't those be 8 hole wheels, in other words not as pictured?

·
Banned
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
You mention dual drilled for 5x100 & 5x114? Wouldn't those be 8 hole wheels, in other words not as pictured?
Yes, a dual drilled wheel will have both sets of holes (10). Pictures are for illustrative purposes since they show each wheel style. As mentioned we just took the line on and are currently updating the site will all the wheels in their range

If someone wants a set that is only single drilled, it's not a problem at all to have made

·
Banned
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Might be a long shot, but can Braid make a 17" wheel that clears the STI Brembos that provides the caliper protection of the Winrace T Acropolis?
Just got confirmation back, they make a version of the Winrace T at 17x7.5 +45. Offered in either 5-100 or 5-114, or can be made in a dual drilled version too. This is a Dakar spec wheel (literally the same wheel tons of guys are running on in that rally, which is going on right now).

Let us know your address via pm and any color preference and we can work out pricing

·
Registered
Cheap Kitchens
1,929 Posts
Braids are the shit, crazy strong. My 15"s clear WRX fronts as long as the weights are on the inside edge.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.