Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2012 WRX SWP, 01 RS White
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little about me. I am currently fullfilling my obligation to this country by serving the U.S. Army. My current MOS (Military Occupation Specialty) 15B. A 15B is an Aviation Powerplant Repairer. Basicly, I troubleshoot, maintains, and repair all the turbine engines in the Army helicopter arsenal: UH-47D/F Chinook, OH-58D Kiowa, UH-60A/L/M (yeah thats right, we are the only unit in the Army who has the Mike models) and AH-64D Apache.

I'm not new to Subaru. This is my third Subaru. Fist was a WRX, second a STi. Never driven a N/A Subaru so this will be a first, I have to wait till I come home from deployment first.

I've been trolling these forums and have come to some great threads like "How to spot a Bro" Wishing for many more epic threads to read to past the time over here, Brah!

PICS COMING SOON BRAH! Until then, all you get is this old school picture of me a few years back brah!

PICS COMING SOON.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Welcome to the site and God Bless the troops serving our country! Whats a "Mike model"?
Different aircraft have different models. The Mike model is the newest Blackhawk helicopters. The biggest difference between the Alpha/Lima models is the avionics. Everything is digital now when it comes to the HUD. Just imagine 2 big LCD screens displaying all the gauges on both the pilot and co-pilot seat. There other differences like the curve of the blade and to much more to list.

You can distinguish a Mike model by the blades. Look closely how the blade curves down. It generates more lift.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
^ok. I’ve been fascinated with helicopters ever since I was little. I remember watching AirWolf on German television back in Ramstien. Man I love watching the Apache's out on FT. Hood fly around in formation. Just seen them do an exercise today as a matter of fact.

Longbow is my favorite!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It got so ridiculously expensive and then it was scrapped. Back at the school house, we have the shell of the Comanche. Students use it to practice repairing airframe damage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.