Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
second time. goddamn 4cam my98 engine valve trains have ALOT of matter to spin. nice big flatbed towing bill. i figure the life expectancy of a belt is about 5 thou . going to try something i saw in scc mag. www. todaracing.com sells hardened timing belts for honda, maybe they have a line on scoobs and maybe engineer a threaded adjuster that is accesssable from the outside....
experimenting... so you don't have to.....

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
haha silly me. it was a fuse! woo hoo on the road again! that is all drive around

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my crank mounted hall sensor magnet was occasionally stopping right over the trigger and when i ran my accessories only it was powered up and just firing and firing the coil until the 15 amp fuse popped. (and loosening up the dielectric glue in the circuit box). i now have a 7.5 amp fuse in there. the version 11 computer i have on the way (warrantee) addresses this issue by not firing the coil until it sees two full revolutions on the crank. kind of like a propeller trigger on a bomb. needless to say i am rewiring the computer to a keyed(not accessory) circuit. the sds system has been easy to diagnose as usual and seems pretty bulletproof. and i am thrilled it wasn't the timing train. i can even laugh off the towing bill. wish the wife could.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
update; drove around all day, turned it off and on a hundred times and managed to rack up about 150 miles. back to normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts