Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, i'm a newbie how are ya?

I'm from australia and i've come to a bit of a decision and i'm curious if anyone could help me?

Alot of the guys on the Australian forum at MRTPerformance have installed the borla replica headers on their 2.5 RS and i want to do it to my MY04 Impreza RS but i spoke to my mate who is also my Subaru mechanic about installing the UEL borla replica headers and he said it wasn't a good idea unless i was going to tune my car after i installed the headers because it will backfire and be running too rich which will affect the engine in a detrimental way.

My question is if anyone has done their research on installing UEL headers on an RS Impreza and whether i should tune it if i install them to my car?

Cheers guys,

Ryan.

·
Registered
2002 2.5RS BRP
2,393 Posts
Well for one, it will not hurt your car at all. It's not backfire, it's afterfire, which just sounds cool. You should get a tune if you want to bring out the true performance of any new modification, which is why I'm waiting until I have all mine on the car before I tune so I only have to do it once. So hells yes, go put those headers on. There's nothing but positives to having them!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok awesome, so if i installed the headers and didn't tune it for a while if at all would it make any difference?

cheers.

·
Registered
1997 Subaru OBS
411 Posts
i never got a tune on mine. had them on for about 15,000mi+/-.
not to say it was the right way to go, but i never had a problem.
enjoy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts