Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
So Cobb makes ~$160 for every header they sell? That's a tidy little profit margin! Guess they don't make any money on thier intakes and engine stuff. Oh, well, Cobb makes sweet stuff, so I'm not slamming Cobb, just starting to understand why Impreza aftermarket parts are so expensive-because they can be.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Um, no. That means Cobb buys them for jobber (usually 20% off, quite possibly more since they buy in quantity) and then mark it up. So, it's prolly more like $240 per header. Cobb is relaible and sells nice stuff, but sometimes their prices seem a bit much. I'm still blown away by the $500 price tag for reground cams. For that kind of $ I'd hope for a fresh billet (I'd be willing to pay another little for a fresh grind too).

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They have a strong hold on the market, which kind of pisses me off... They can keep a waitlist of months worth of people waiting to pay more than they should becuase there just isn't much competition out there....too bad I'm still in school!

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Oh, yeah, forgot about the dicount they probably get. They do make and sell nice stuff, but it's just too damn expensive.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Im thinking about picking up a set of the borlas at that price. I am just wondering if they will clear the primitive skidplate.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Two months ago Borla had their header for the RS at about $700. This price drop was very recent...like in the last week or so.

THe header won't clear the skid plate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts