Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search for an answer to this question but had no luck. Anyways, I remember awhile back I was skimming through a website and saw a tech note on the installation of Borla headers which said it requires minor welding. Is this true? Also, I noticed there is an updated version of the Borla's, how long ago did they get an update? Sorry for my newbieness but I am picking up my '99 Impreza RS with 28K miles sometime this week! :biggest:

-Brian

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
The new generation Borla's won't need any welding done. But your money is better spent on other headers, sure they cost more but they will actually give a little performance instead of just sound.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the tip, I was reading a dispute about the Borla's on another board and wasn't sure which side to beleive.

-Brian

BTW: Could you suggest other header brands that offer performance gains as well as sound?

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5 RSTi
324 Posts
Some people try and say the borlas are not good... Although there may be better headers out there the borlas are still pretty top quality. i have them and would definately recommend them. If u can get a good deal on em go for it, if u have endless amounts of money iu would get some thing else

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I have the Borla's but if I was in the market for headers I would not buy them again. I would go with the TWE header/highflow cat combo, MRT, or the Brullen systems. Cobb Tuning is supposed to have a set of headers coming out soon, and I think that Primitive also has a set also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts