Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Impreza 2.5rs
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know if borla still makes the uel for our cars I've been wanting to get a uel but I cant find them anywhere and I don't wanna buy a cheap ebay one that could possibly crack from heat

·
Administrator
2000 RSTi
1,800 Posts
I think Borla has ended production a few years back for our cars. Plus they always cracked. I had a gen 2 Borla and about once every year or so I had to get cracks welded.

Inferno fabrication makes them, they are quality and you pay for that.

·
Registered
64 Posts
IDK.. this may not be a very popular opinion in the car community but here goes.
Ebay headers are not as bad as people make them out to be.. hear me out!
first of all, the advantage of the nice headers is they have more optimal runner design for making power, however if you were buying headers for the HP factor, you probably wouldn't be too focused on UEL because UEL isn't optimal for power. If it is the sound you are looking for, i say buy ebay headers. My personal experience with Ebay headers was actually pretty good. I had a set of 4 into 2 into 1 equal length turbo headers and i ran them super hard, never had a problem. i have pictures of them glowing orange on the dyno. the only reason i took them off the car is because they sat too close to the radiator and melted one of my radiator fan wires.

·
Registered
2002 Impreza 2.5rs
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IDK.. this may not be a very popular opinion in the car community but here goes.
Ebay headers are not as bad as people make them out to be.. hear me out!
first of all, the advantage of the nice headers is they have more optimal runner design for making power, however if you were buying headers for the HP factor, you probably wouldn't be too focused on UEL because UEL isn't optimal for power. If it is the sound you are looking for, i say buy ebay headers. My personal experience with Ebay headers was actually pretty good. I had a set of 4 into 2 into 1 equal length turbo headers and i ran them super hard, never had a problem. i have pictures of them glowing orange on the dyno. the only reason i took them off the car is because they sat too close to the radiator and melted one of my radiator fan wires.
I could care less about hp anymore I just want it to sound more like a wrx and bro I wanna see thats photos of the headers glowing red

·
Registered
64 Posts
339.4 ft/lbs @ ~2700
eBay equal length headers
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Rim Auto part
Bicycle handlebar Finger Bicycle part Gas Chain

·
Registered
64 Posts
i forgot to mention, the only issue i had was that the flanges were kinda sketchy so i had to hit them with a belt sander to make sure they were perfectly flat.

·
Registered
2002 Impreza 2.5rs
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i forgot to mention, the only issue i had was that the flanges were kinda sketchy so i had to hit them with a belt sander to make sure they were perfectly flat.
Ive heard they weren’t wide enough to get to the ports and people had to stretch them with a bottle Jack

·
Registered
00 BRP RS Coupe
829 Posts
knock-on-wood Haven't had any issues with my Borla header...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts