Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My server is down at work, so I am bored out of my brains. Anyway, I figured out why my Ty is so insanely fast... here's s stock dyno chart for a Ty...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Not too bad, but you wouldn't catch me dead in one! No offense to you, of course.

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I understand, but after driving one for a while... damn, I want another one!!! :D

·
Registered
744 Posts
Very nice James.

"Not too bad, but you wouldn't catch me dead in one! No offense to you, of course."

Just wondering.. but why?

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Damn! That's a lot of juice, especially from a stock engine! And do those Typhoons have a turbo 6 in them, or is it an 8? I'm thinking 6, but thinking isn't always one of my stong points:p Oh, and I would drive one of those, or a Syclone, in a heartbeat! Wouldn't give up the RS, but would love one of those!

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought it from a guy named Tony, in Castle Rock, CO. I have to admit I love my RS and am planning on keeping it ... and turbocharging to of course - because now I have the turbo bug.

The TY has a 4.3L V6, iron block and heads. AWD, 4-channel ABS, leather, and enough space for me and the two Great Danes! :D

I'll do it right, though, so I can daily drive it. Low compression pistons, SDS EFI, rods, etc. I want as much poewr in my RS as I have in the TY! :lol:

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Just wondering.. but why?
I hate GM with a passion...I won't go into too much detail, but basically I have no respect for them. They build WAY too many crappy cars-well to me, all of their cars are crappy, but they are the world's biggest auto maker and they have the worst reliability records and some of the shortest warranties! I work at an auto parts store, and all I can say is, if it weren't for GM, I wouldn't have a job! They do everything ass-backwards, they don't beleive in ergonomics or using quality electronics, or even good looking vehicles! About the only car they have ever made that could handle decently is the Z06! They use the same parts for everything, they are run by complete assholes who have no idea what people want since most of their customers have been brainwashed by whomever that "imports are shit, yay caveman car making gm"! This is 2002! Leave the pushrods alone! GET THE HELL AWAY FROM SUBARU BEFORE YOU F**K THEM UP TOO! The live rear axle and car that can only go fast straight have gone the way of Crystal Pepsi! Spend some of your money on research! If you have some free time, rent the movie "Roger and Me". GM could have some of the best cars in the world by concentrating their efforts on quality instead of quantity! Like I said, I didn't want to go into too much detail!:D I strangely feel better now!

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quarter mile is supposedly 13 seconds - stock - and yes, the redline is like 4,500 RPM.

I have to agree with the comments on quality - the ergonomics in this thing are non-existant, with stuff scattered all over the dash, half of which I cannot even see, the radio is like 3 feet away, the seats are quite possibly the most uncomfortable seats I have ever sat in (I'm probably going to replace them soon - they are causing me some SERIOUS back pain problems), it handles like crap on rough roads, jumping and skittering all over the place, the brakes are weak at best, and things are just generally crappy.

However, it's fast as all hell, so I can deal with it. :D

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
However, it's fast as all hell, so I can deal with it.
:lol:

I guess that's what keeps people buying them!:rolleyes:

H

·
0 Posts
RS25.com said:
I bought it from a guy named Tony, in Castle Rock, CO. I have to admit I love my RS and am planning on keeping it ... and turbocharging to of course - because now I have the turbo bug.

The TY has a 4.3L V6, iron block and heads. AWD, 4-channel ABS, leather, and enough space for me and the two Great Danes! :D

I'll do it right, though, so I can daily drive it. Low compression pistons, SDS EFI, rods, etc. I want as much poewr in my RS as I have in the TY! :lol:

Ha. I knew that dyno sheet looked familiar. Richard is a local RS owner who also has a (er, THAT) Typhoon. :)

For more info: http://www.whitetyphoon.com

He's a cool guy.

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I've seen his site, and I figure one of these days we'll meet. I think it's so funny, I used to think the RS was a rare car (at least in CA it was) and here in CO there are zillions of them, so sightings are not so special. However, there really are NO Typhoons or Syclones around, and when I saw one the other day the guy did not even look over at me - the exact same year and color, too, and he just went by me in the other lane.

See, it's not just the WRX owners who don't wave! :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts