Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
04 GDB 2.5RS
1,373 Posts
Hey was just gauging some intetest here....I am going to be making a turbo up and down pipe for a 91 legacy 2.2 dual port. This would be for 91-94 legacy (possibly 2nd gen as well) and 93-05 imprezas (Sohc) with dual port heads.

If anyone is interested here i am in contact with a fabricator that could duplicate the pipe i make and mass produce a bunch. Was also going to include a modular design for a flanged cat and test pipe to swap or replace just the cat. This way i can make the post cat pile year specific to accomodate the difderebf o2 bung positions.

These will be very smilar to the subachad pipes in fitment. Will be set to as close to factory tmic and vf series or td0x to make the tmic piping easier.

Let me know if toy are intetested and ill cconsider a vendor account for a run of these.

·
Registered
1997 Subaru Legacy GT
2 Posts
Currently working on my newly acquired 97 subaru legacy gt (4EAT). Is boosting the auto transmission a good idea or should a 5 speed conversion be taken? I'm new to Subarus.

·
Registered
1993 ls turbo
272 Posts
Currently working on my newly acquired 97 subaru legacy gt (4EAT). Is boosting the auto transmission a good idea or should a 5 speed conversion be taken? I'm new to Subarus.
Id get a trans shift spring kit, drill the valve body where required, do the tcu ground pin mod, swap to synthetic and run cooler. I'm running a 98 4eat in my 93 legacy @315ish chp and its handling it nicely. a year in so far. The auto has its pros and cons. The one pro I love.... pulling hard on manual tranny cars!

·
Registered
Miatamiatamiata
2,707 Posts
99 MAF SOHC.
I'm planning on using an IHI 1L Lysholm type from the millennia.
So far I'm just planning.
The best fuel I have access to is CA91, though I could use magic corn juice, the formula for it varies too much without a dedicated flex-fuel system.

I'm planning on using an RRFPR and a larger Fuel pump.

I'm going topmount intercooled, and can do the fab.

So the question comes to timing control.
I have a Vag-Com and Rom Raider, but I don't think my model is supported.
Is there an easy option?

Then the question of pulley size and goals. What can the factory MAF handle? Factory injectors? The charger in question should easily be able to generate 1 bar on a 2.5, so is that too much without large modifications?

I'm not sure what MAF types our cars can support given most people putting their own kits together seem to be starting with MAP.
Anyone here start from a MAF 99 SOHC?

·
Registered
05 Impreza 2.5rs Wagon
2 Posts
Okay, so I have a 2005 RS Wagon. Are there any updates that I should know if I want to boost this thing? I know most people will say to just buy a WRX or an STI, but I just want to know the options and stuff.

·
Registered
98 Impreza L, 2018 WRX
3 Posts
Resurrecting an older thread...

Since this thread was started almost 9 years ago I was wondering if the advancement of tech has changed any of the advice given. We’re currently sitting on a 98 Impreza L coupe and have been researching modifying it by boosting its existing single port EJ22. We’re not looking to chase big HP, just make the mid range a bit more responsive. This will be an occasional daily driver with maybe a track day thrown in but the overwhelming majority of time will be street duty.

I’m looking to stay in the under 300 hp group mentioned with an eye towards roll on power in the 2.5k to 5k rpm range. No drag racing aspirations here.

It has the 4EAT transmission and we’d like to keep that for the time being. With that in mind I’ve read that a TD04 with a 19T compressor is a good combination but that seems to be in conflict with the original post. It was mentioned that a VF is a good option but there seems to be a wide range of VF turbos. Which one would be a good match for our stated goals?

If the single port heads aren’t worth using which heads should we consider? Additionally, what should be addressed internally that could be a weak point?

Any updated info or confirmation that the original post is still valid would be appreciated!

TIA

141 - 149 of 149 Posts