Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi does anyone know how to install Boost solenoid in a V2 GF8 Wrx or able to find a good video need to know how to wire up

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
726 Posts
When is that from, the 90s? Can you take a picture of the backside of the controller that shows the wiring?

Here's the manual, know anyone who speaks japanese? ;)

The MAC solenoid you have is different from the one in the manual, but assuming the previous owner used them together, it shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The backside of the wiring on the solenoid is just black just wondering if i can also run it on stock ecu

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
726 Posts
Yes it will run on the stock ecu. The stock ecu has a fuel cut at a particular pressure this will not be able to bypass. 1.1 bar? Can't remember exactly. You can use the controller to get just under the cut though.

You are saying literally all the wires are black? That would make it hard to figure out. There should be 1, 2 or 3 groupings of wire. The grouping of wire with 4 wires in it is the important one. It should have black, red, and two other colors.

- The Black is earth, find a nice nearby bolt that goes through metal and run the black under that (with a ring terminal or something)

- The Red is switched power, you need to find a power wire that only comes when the key is on. I have used the switched power wire for the stereo, with a vampire clip.

- the other two wires in that bundle of 4, go to the boost solenoid. They are not polarity specific, so you can pick which goes to what.

- the vacuum line on the back of the Blitz needs to be extended and connected to a vacuum source on the intake manifold with a "vacuum tee."

- The boost solenoid also needs both it's vacuum ports connected to the turbo's vacuum hose lines.

If there are other groups of wire, they are not used. If all the wires on the back are black, I recommend dumping this and getting a more modern unit. I used to have the GFB EBCS, it worked great.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah the wires on the back off the solenoid that goes into the engine bay Im jusy trying ti figure out if i splice into the OEM Boost solenoid plug

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
726 Posts
Nope, this boost solenoid bypasses the factory one. No electrical splicing with the factory piece.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts