Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have subaru forester, its got a ej20g engine on it and its done 130K, the header gaskit is leaking and i have bought the gaskits so yeah no problem dea, i have a blow off valve and a nice exhaust bt dats it

now the problem im getting is dat wen i wack the throttle down...the boost climbs up to 15psi...den it drops to arnd 6-7 den goes back up to 12-13 den dwn den up till it stabilizers at 10 (sumtimes it doesnt stabiliz)..wen all of dis happens my hold light in da dash board cums on..m really confused with dis as i have no clue to wat to do and i have no idea wats the hold light is for...it blinks

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
ok i have subaru forester, its got a ej20g engine on it and its done 130K, the header gaskit is leaking and i have bought the gaskits so yeah no problem dea, i have a blow off valve and a nice exhaust bt dats it

now the problem im getting is dat wen i wack the throttle down...the boost climbs up to 15psi...den it drops to arnd 6-7 den goes back up to 12-13 den dwn den up till it stabilizers at 10 (sumtimes it doesnt stabiliz)..wen all of dis happens my hold light in da dash board cums on..m really confused with dis as i have no clue to wat to do and i have no idea wats the hold light is for...it blinks
man first off please type normally.....this cums and dats and wats and dis and dat are annoying as hell

as for your problem...strange problem....can you hear the bov leaking or blowing off when it shouldn't? could be a lot of things, maybe a boost leak, or maybe a wastegate problem. Do you have any sort of boost controller on it? also is it stock actuator?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry for the writing...to much txting

the bov does not blow at wrong times nor is there an leak sound, i have no boost controllers and have a stock actuator.
will adjusting the actuator arm help???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what does it mean when the hold light blinks? can it possibly mean that the pressure in the manifold is low...the engine sometimes shuts down as well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts