Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
00 STM RS-T
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, the car is a MY00RS with and 07WRX motor swap. 18g, ebay tmic, 800cc injectors, gimmick inlet, gm bcs and all the basic supporting mods, tuned via Opensource.

The car has been a great car on this setup for 2 years now. I stopped modding because this was my DD. However the other day, my starter took a crap on me so I had to replace that. In the process, I had to take off my TMIC and that was about it. After installing everything, the car idles fine, and runs fine up until I try to get into boost. Everything is smooth until I hit about 10psi, the engine chokes, and bogs and I left off. However if I force it, it will still hit the target psi of 20psi. My AFRs all seem about right (11.2-11.8) under boost and are normal at cruise and idle. There are no CELs and my gas mileage is still the same. I am befuddled!

Any help or suggestions would be great!

Here are the things that I did so far:

Checked all vaccum lines/hoses but no leaks. Cant hear any either.
Thought it could be me wastegate but it isnt.
Thought it could be my GM BCS so I routed my wastegate straight to my turbo to run 10psi and still the engine acts the same way at max boost.

·
Registered
11 wrx & 15 fozzy 2.5i
2,001 Posts
take it off again and make sure you put everything back on perfectly, if you didn't anything else to the car something must be wrong on what you did. change the gaskets and tight every single bolt and clamp really good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.