Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
swaps on swaps
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
good point, I assumed the donor motor had the spacers tbh but looking back through the info from the PO I don't actually see them listed. As for the tmic, I was only told it had a "big custom top mount IC"

And I will post the graph, my bad lol

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
swaps on swaps
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #105 (Edited)
Why not more?
Got the car tuned at Area1320 :)

Being limited by quick-rising intake temps, was recommended to get a meth kit / new top mount / both? But like I'm broke so will probably just get the meth kit to use as a safety to keep intake temps down while keeping the power on the conservative end.
I got a Grimmspeed tmic btw, but will need to figure out a few more things before I can install it.

Even has the bung for the speed density already welded on :)

In the meantime, trying to get this custom tmic splitter from the coupe donor mounted back on to help a little. I need the top trimmed a little because this was made for an STi scoop, and I'm running the shorter MRT highrise scoop.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
swaps on swaps
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
So on Sunday I drove all the way to North NJ to see Zephyr...glad I did because he figured out my fuel gauge issue and had it fixed up in like one hour

Woohoo! Still gotta remove that abs bulb and we're all cleared up.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
swaps on swaps
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Also just spent tonight after work diagnosing why my one headlight wasn't working. After swapping the bulbs, ballasts etc it turned out to just be the ground/mounting point needing to be cleaned up :unamused:

Whatevs though, one more issue fixed and checked off the list. Now I can drive at night without fear of tickets since I already got a "warning"

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
swaps on swaps
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Over 500 miles since she's been all together, solving issues bit by bit and a light free cluster, woo!

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
swaps on swaps
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #114 (Edited)
Busy weekend.

Finally repainted my trims that surround the rear windows. You can see how bad the passenger side one was in this pic.

Taped off and repainted both sides using SEM plastic prep spray followed by SEM trim black spray.

Finished buttoning up the front end after diagnosing that headlight issue. Ended up just removing my fogs and using the oem covers.

Saturday was spent finally putting the interior back together. I was driving around with all this junk laying around like this:

And I picked up this little guy.

I LOVE this knob, that ssco was too big.

Before:

After:

Sunday I hit up the Subaru Shootout in MD. I was expecting a bigger turnout... but still had a fun time. And got a thingy:

This hatch was ridiculously clean. She was cleaning her car prepping for the show while I was putting my glovebox in :lol: Don't mind my flare gap from where the one screw popped out :blol:

101 - 116 of 116 Posts