Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
99' WRB GC8 WRX - TooLazy
1,375 Posts
That steering wheel looks sweet! The STi D shaped one does too, I'd love to have either of those tbh

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
swaps on swaps
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
That steering wheel looks sweet! The STi D shaped one does too, I'd love to have either of those tbh

The one I had in the coupe was a DAMD wheel w/ red stitch, and a 06/07 STi center piece. That was back when I actually had working airbags though.

I do actually have another DAMD wheel in my basement right now with black stitching cause I'm a hoarder :lol: but figured I would try a quick release flat bottom.

·
Registered
99' WRB GC8 WRX - TooLazy
1,375 Posts
The one I had in the coupe was a DAMD wheel w/ red stitch, and a 06/07 STi center piece. That was back when I actually had working airbags though.

I do actually have another DAMD wheel in my basement right now with black stitching cause I'm a hoarder but figured I would try a quick release flat bottom.
You telling me you have a spare DAMD wheel definitely doesn't make me want to know how much you'd sell it for... Not that it would matter anyway cause I probably wouldn't be spending money on new steering wheel right now, lol

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
swaps on swaps
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
You telling me you have a spare DAMD wheel definitely doesn't make me want to know how much you'd sell it for... Not that it would matter anyway cause I probably wouldn't be spending money on new steering wheel right now, lol

haha yeahhh, they're like $500 new for the wheel itself. but it's in my "one day when the car is nicer" pile

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,655 Posts
I've been wanting to do a DAMD wheel in mine since I already have the 05 wheel. But I need to get the stupid motor running first :lol:

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
swaps on swaps
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
I've been wanting to do a DAMD wheel in mine since I already have the 05 wheel. But I need to get the stupid motor running first :lol:
girl DO IT. It was one of my favorite things about my blue coupe and the best wheel I've ever felt. Get in on a group buy to get one cheaper than retail!

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,655 Posts
girl DO IT. It was one of my favorite things about my blue coupe and the best wheel I've ever felt. Get in on a group buy to get one cheaper than retail!
My ex had one in his old GF8 too. It was realllllll nice.

I'd kinda rather finish my sleeve though :lol: My artist already wants to murder me because it's been almost a year since he last saw me.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
swaps on swaps
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
My ex had one in his old GF8 too. It was realllllll nice.

I'd kinda rather finish my sleeve though :lol: My artist already wants to murder me because it's been almost a year since he last saw me.
I feel that...mine needs to be finished too but my artist didn't answer me the last couple times I reached out :unamused:

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
swaps on swaps
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Got my cluster back from Garrett :D mileage now matches the swap.

#200 how cool!

And some cool cappys for my rear struts!

In other news, I filled my car this morning and I really need to know how my car even made it to the station I really need to fix this fuel gauge issue...

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
swaps on swaps
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Got the car tuned at Area1320 :)

Being limited by quick-rising intake temps, was recommended to get a meth kit / new top mount / both? But like I'm broke so will probably just get the meth kit to use as a safety to keep intake temps down while keeping the power on the conservative end.

Then had my re71r tires put back on, height adjustment and alignment. Love the look but quickly realized after driving it's a tad low for what I want to do lol

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,143 Posts
Honestly, and not knocking the shop, your temp will be better on the street with the hood closed. Just blowing air on the motor the way it's set up is not giving you any good air flow past the intercooler. If they had mounted a fan to blow down on it and actually cool the charged air, vs the motor bay, well yea... see where I am going?

Don't forget to top off your blinker fluid.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
swaps on swaps
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Honestly, and not knocking the shop, your temp will be better on the street with the hood closed. Just blowing air on the motor the way it's set up is not giving you any good air flow past the intercooler. If they had mounted a fan to blow down on it and actually cool the charged air, vs the motor bay, well yea... see where I am going?

Don't forget to top off your blinker fluid.
early photo, they ended up putting the fan right up on the intercooler for the later runs to see if that helped. The temps were rising like 40(?) degrees during the pull itself which he said was a lot more than he is used to seeing with other tmic's. So I don't know :puppy_dog

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,723 Posts
Phenolic spacers are supposed to help a lot with intake air temps. How much do you know about the intercooler that's currently on the car?

Also I would love to see the graph. Not very many dynoed 71 HTAs out there that I've been able to find.

81 - 100 of 118 Posts