Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently drive a 98 ford ranger splash, 4/5 drop, shaved body, 2.5l bolt on mods, blah blah.. I want to sell this in the summer, I can get around $9k for it. I want to sell it for something faster, better handeling, and something that doesn't say "Please pull me over oficer"!

I want a impreza because it fits all the above, and can drive in the winter! my mini truck sits in the garage. I have a 98 legacy wagon for a winter car, and love it. test drove a WRX and loved it even more, untill my 19yr old college student wallet opened up!

If saw a stock 98 RS for sale, and would be interested in that.

my questions are...

I like the 98 body style,, what years were they made? any major differences between them?

I need turbo kit. I have alot of experience with cars and trucks, anything but major internal engine work I can do. How much for a complete bolt on turbo kit, and do I need to get pistons and rods? (I would keep my truck and turbo that but the cast pistons and rods would have to go) Driveability? and mileage? I am not looking for 300+hp, just something to piss off civics!

what do you think?

·
Registered
26 Posts
the my98 RS was a one year only style, because in 99 Subaru changed the front bumper. I would ask in the "Forced Induction" forum about what you'll need to get boost, make sure you specify its a my98, as they have a different engine than the my99+

Scott:)

BTW, shouldn't it be "Needanimpreza"?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts