Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1997 240sx
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well i have recently purchased and well it finally got hear no thanks to estes freight company.

i will start off bye saying the quality is amazing. i have done many aero upgrades from various companies with frp,pollyeurathane,fiberglass,carbonfiber materials and to date the b magic is the best layes and best quality parts i have held and worked with.

fitment i know this is never perfect as its not oem. but again the ait/bmagic stuff is about as spot on as i could ask for. i had 2 do some trimming for the window trim peice. and a lil grinding where it sits next to the a pillar(to thick). there guidline mounting holes are about perfectly placed. unfortunatly the inner door ones dont line up(they provide metal tabs) i did not use these due to the fact every other hole did line up and with them i felt it was secure enough to not use ther 2 bolts.

i started off with the very front top closest to the headlight to start mounting. i chose this becuase i could get the spacing on the door about right and i could gauge where the corner marker would line up. with this method as stated above about every hole/guide lined up yes u do have 2 drill them but the material is uber thick and with a few washers and cusion pads to not crush the fiberglass i was happy as can be.

well hear is some pics of the install so far. i have family in town so doing the quarter pannels is out of the question but will be done in the upcoming weeks
i mocked them up as well and was very happy with how flush they sat on the body.

enough of this hears pics.

reamember this is the inital install and fitment so its not finished or completely aligned. also the quarters are just taped on so u can see.

total install time of fenders with removal of old set from marker light removal to reinstall was 3 hours with a few brakes 4 water it was 100 degress out.

feel free to pm me or hit me up on aim if u have any questions.

cant wait till i put some volks on the car.

where u can buy

http://www.aitracing.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=269&products_id=1426
http://www.aitracing.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=269&products_id=1427

·
Registered
1997 240sx
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just fyi. it cost about 770 shipped to my door(sc.) which isnt bad. i cant stress enough the quality of the material and how thick it is.. i was so suprised when i opned the box and seen that. i am not lieing when i say i litterly has to shave some down in places so it would fit flush(around the a pillar)

still debating on picking up an aftermarket rear bumper, side shirts,v6 replica wing. i am deffantly keeping the v6 bumper with c west lip.

·
HERO DEEP!!!
Lt. Dan the 2000 OBS
756 Posts
Mike, I hate you..... Lets get some rivets and go to town!

·
Registered
1997 240sx
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is it flush with the tail light, tail light trim panel, and factory rear bumper? I can't tell from your pics.
in the pictures it is hard to tell and u also have to reamember that i did not remove the bumpers on the side on the car. so the kit is actually sitting like a half an inch out from where it will be. it does fit flush to the body as far as i can tell if anything maybe it will be a lil bit wider only due to the material of the fpr and how thick it is. may need some shaving of the pannel on edges to sit proper but like i stated above they are thick and the construstion is great. id rather be able to shave some fiberglass rather than add.
as far as around the tail lights yes it looks to follow the body lines right. along with the top of the quarter panel,and the bottom. but again i still had the side bumpers installed so it sat about half an inch out from where they will be.
i will also be pulling off the door bumpers and shaving them flush. ohh so clean.
yes i am pop riviting them on. cant wait. but i got family in town so it will wait a few days. or so. im not in a rush.

·
Registered
98rsti RallybluePearl
3,370 Posts
so 270 is the price for the pair of rear quarter panels? omg i might be hoping on this tonight! do you know where they are located?

·
Registered
1997 240sx
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes it is 270 for the set of quarter panels.
yes it is 270 or whateve for the set of front fenders

like i said i payed roughly 770 shipped for front.fear. passanger/driver side

if u have any questions pm me or aim: skyliner34r

·
Registered
1997 240sx
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so 270 is the price for the pair of rear quarter panels? omg i might be hoping on this tonight! do you know where they are located?
they are located in california.
i am the second person to have these. the blue car on their site was the first person state side to run these pannels. i am the first on the east coast.

expect roughly a week to 2 weeks shipping as its a huge box and it come via freight truck.
them them mike told u to call. i spoke with a guy named patrick when i ordered but i do know the have them in stock now.

·
Registered
1997 240sx
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Are you planning on filling the rivets or leaving them like the car on the website?
i plan on leaving the rivets exposed like the car on the site. they even have pre sunk in areas 4 the rivets spaced properly ect ect. if something ever happens to the panel ie car wreck, tre limb. telephone pole. i can drill out the rivelts and buy a new set of panels walla good as new. that was actually something that made me happy to buy them. id ratherbe able to fix it than have 2 rip my quarter panel. plus without useing aircrat grade epoxy to bond them they will flex a lil with the body and not crack like 99 percent of daily driven wide body kited card. its kinda just how it goes.
gotta think of those things as well 4 down the road. the stress created on the fiberglass panels always seem to shift the bondo/epoxy and well ull have to redoe it with the rivets you do not have that issue.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts