Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1994 L Wagon Grey
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey supercharged Rs's how the relibility, what problems have you run into and all of that stuff. I am comming close to being done and wanna see how much of a headache this car is going to give me.

-Neal

·
Registered
852 Posts
Of course, all setups are different. This becomes increasingly more truthful when you get into custom setups, like what your doing. Some blowers are probably built differently/better than others, so it just depends, on terms of reliability. Keep it simple, and your golden.

Graham

·
Registered
1994 L Wagon Grey
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well mostly I am wondering because I want people to chime in so I can find out what I will need to look for in problems. And trust me, I fully understand what your saying. Unfortunally I am going to need to do some crazy voodoo to get my car where I need it and keep relibility. So I wanna hear were people ran into problems so I can adjust my plan to fit it.

BTW: this is what I am planning.

14.0-13.5 quartermile time (to measure the power I am looking for) out of an automatic 2.5rs

I will have a block with forged pistons, rods and turbo/NA cams.

Along with that I am going to have my ECU tuned by yoshio in toronto unless something else better comes around.

For the time being I have a j/s-2 with knock retard on boost to help deture detonation. I will also have the correct fuel mods and exaust for the setup.

A few are saying this is impossible to pull off with a blower running 10psi... (abouts) which from whatI understand is nearing max effency of a Eaton m62 blower. So i am trying to figgure all this fun stuff out. oh, and I rather not use n2o because babys are bottle fed, real men get blown :D

-Neal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts