Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
00 2.5RS White
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright Mechanically i'd say i'm pretty savy between all the cars i've owned, this one is giving me quite a bit of confusion.

NO LEAKS ANYWHERE to be found on the car, no smoke coming from the tail pipe, nothing...

But my coolant level is drained every other week, and for some odd reason (Please let me know if this happens to you) I have no skid plate or splash guard in the front and every time it rains it sounds like what might be a blown head gasket, kind of sounds like an air leek sound when accelerating to higher RPM's.

Could it be something else maybe causing a parasitic loss? but it only ever does it when its damp and or wet outside. If any of you have any ideas on this please let me know

00' 2.5RS :confused:

·
Registered
WRX JDM 93
287 Posts
I have same problem, coolant level drained every two days and the sound is water boiling.
because the cap lost pressure

change the radiator cap and fix the problem

·
Registered
'99 2.5RS RBP
10 Posts
If changing the radiator cap doesn't help try pressure testing the cooling system. That should show any leaks, external or internal. If the system is losing pressure and you can't find a leak anywhere, then chances are it is internal.

Have you seen any white smoke coming from the engine (not while cold)? That is a sign of burning coolant.

·
Registered
'00 Impreza 2.5RS sedan white
84 Posts
Do as Dundy says.

I borrowed a pressure tester from Adv. Auto and found an external leak. Then to solve the problem of overheating at speed, I replaced my radiator.

·
auSTin
00 rsti
2,261 Posts
Could be a very slow hg leak. Mine was doing that before they really let got. I had no smoke coming out the exhuast also until about a week before they completely blew. But definatly check the small stuff like radiator cap first it could be as simple as that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.