Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Christmas Day I had to go out and pick up my grilfriend from work. We got 5-6" of snow so I toke out the Subaru." I don't drive much in the winter" On the way home I stoped and the car started running funny and the check engine started blinking. Tonight was the first night I could look at it so I went for a short drive and I noticed that the car has no power like the timing is off.
My question is if the timing is off could that make the check engine light blink?

Thanks Dave
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
I don't know for sure if that would trigger the CEL, but if it would, I'd think it would just illuminate it rather than make it blink. What year is your car?

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
2000 with 66000 miles
:eek: I guess you can't take it into the dealer under warranty, huh? I know AutoZone used to put the scanner on your car for free when I worked there, but it's been a few months. You may want to look into that, though. If you do, they'll give you a code and tell you what the code means. You may want to give that a shot.:)

Also, have you checked under the hood to make sure everything is tight/properly connected? Maybe the snow got into something or you hit a bump and something came loose.:confused:

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
yea, get the CEL code pulled. shouldn't be timing, because the ECU takes care of the timing.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
good to hear that!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts