Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

black tint or platinum tint

5K views 43 replies 21 participants last post by  Longinus 
#1 ·
i've been thinkin about gettin tints for my car for awhile now. i've seen a couple cars with platinum tints and they look pretty nice, especially on a silver car. i have a silverthorn GC8, GM6 whatever you wanna call it. i wanna get tints for cosmetic purposes and also the fact that it keeps the car a lil bit cooler inside.. or at least i feel that it does.what do you guys think?

#6 ·
I think my car is 35% tint all around (well besides my windshield, but my friend with a Supra has his windshield tinted also... its crazy) I didn't put the tint on it but I love how it looks (previous owner did it)

I know its a black car and your's is silver but...

Attachments

#7 ·
Peaty said:
Silver tint usually has some sort of metal in the material. If you have a radar detector it will cut down on it's effectiveness. Just a thought

Not to mention what HondaH8er said. I'm of the same opinion.
The majority of after market tint has metal in it......

Just a note, I have to install glass mount ant. on cars every now and then if they have tint we have to remove from that area so the power isn't reflected back because of the metal materials.

Buster

#15 ·
Meh to each their own, plus everything looks different in RL, saw some other pictures of your car from different angles and it looks nice, I'm just a big fan of good old fashion black tinting :happynow:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.