Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been thinkin about gettin tints for my car for awhile now. i've seen a couple cars with platinum tints and they look pretty nice, especially on a silver car. i have a silverthorn GC8, GM6 whatever you wanna call it. i wanna get tints for cosmetic purposes and also the fact that it keeps the car a lil bit cooler inside.. or at least i feel that it does.what do you guys think?

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Black tint=:D
Silver tint=:(

Don't do it, too ghetto.

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
Silver tint usually has some sort of metal in the material. If you have a radar detector it will cut down on it's effectiveness. Just a thought

Not to mention what HondaH8er said. I'm of the same opinion.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
k. ill consider everything but i still dont know yet. what percent tints do you guys have?

·
Registered
1993 Impreza L Greyish
1,694 Posts
I think my car is 35% tint all around (well besides my windshield, but my friend with a Supra has his windshield tinted also... its crazy) I didn't put the tint on it but I love how it looks (previous owner did it)

I know its a black car and your's is silver but...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Peaty said:
Silver tint usually has some sort of metal in the material. If you have a radar detector it will cut down on it's effectiveness. Just a thought

Not to mention what HondaH8er said. I'm of the same opinion.
The majority of after market tint has metal in it......

Just a note, I have to install glass mount ant. on cars every now and then if they have tint we have to remove from that area so the power isn't reflected back because of the metal materials.

Buster

·
Registered
1999 2.5 RS Silver
333 Posts
I like my silver tint.. previous owner did it. I wouldn't have considered it if I had tinted it, but I'm glad he did silver.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
That actually does look good. Don't cops harrass you more though? Well here it is illegal, not sure where you are from.

B

·
Registered
1999 2.5 RS Silver
333 Posts
EvasionOfTruth said:
That actually does look good. Don't cops harrass you more though? Well here it is illegal, not sure where you are from.

B
Havent had any problems, but I live in montana. Cops are pretty lazy here. Not to mention it only looks like that at certain angles/light. Close up it doesn't even look tinted.

·
Registered
1993 Impreza L Greyish
1,694 Posts
No offense but that doesn't even look real... looks photochopped or uhh like incredibly fogged up windows (really evenly/thick fogged up ones) :barf:

·
Registered
MY99 GF4 EJ227 JDM 6spd
5,262 Posts
i love the silver tint! i want too!

·
Registered
1999 2.5 RS Silver
333 Posts
Kotir said:
No offense but that doesn't even look real... looks photochopped or uhh like incredibly fogged up windows (really evenly/thick fogged up ones) :barf:
welp, that's how it looks. no photoshoping. Depends on the light, but if its pretty light out, it's very reflective.

·
Registered
1993 Impreza L Greyish
1,694 Posts
Meh to each their own, plus everything looks different in RL, saw some other pictures of your car from different angles and it looks nice, I'm just a big fan of good old fashion black tinting :happynow:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts