Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I didn't see a thread on this topic this year so I figure I'd create the placeholder. Let's post in here to post any black friday deals on parts, services, tools etc so we're all aware of it.

I don't know of any in particular outside of tssfab:

www.tssfab.us 20% off black friday deal

But if you spot any other deals, let's keep a running list of them.

· Registered
2,027 Posts
every year these 'deals' are on fewer and fewer things we actually want/need. I know this year I would have loved my local grocery store to have a black friday sale. 2 for five? nah lets do five for five!

After my post I kinda face palmed. Fitbit was doing a pretty good sale, most, if not all, of their trackers were at the lowest they'd been since release. I actually bought a Charge 5 after wearing my girlfriends Charge 4 for a few days.

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
every year these 'deals' are on fewer and fewer things we actually want/need. I know this year I would have loved my local grocery store to have a black friday sale. 2 for five? nah lets do five for five!

After my post I kinda face palmed. Fitbit was doing a pretty good sale, most, if not all, of their trackers were at the lowest they'd been since release. I actually bought a Charge 5 after wearing my girlfriends Charge 4 for a few days.
It felt like in general, this year's Black Friday was the worst one I can recall in quite some time. Very few deals that were worth a damn. Either that or I've grown numb to it all.

Regarding car deals, I remember last year whiteline and everyone had deals, this year I barely got any notifications on anything. Just felt like there wasn't much out there this year.

I got my tss fab subframes this year, I'm still very much in the part gathering phase (mainly bc I need to space out the budget of this build so I'm going very slow with it) and that was one of the bigger ticket items I wanted to put on the car. I don't want to cage or roll bar the car because I want the rear seats to be functional, so between these subframes, some front fender braces, strut tower braces and some other bits I'm hoping I can achieve my chassis goals without needing to brace the car.

In hindsight maybe I should've just seam welded the thing, but that presents another set of challenges that I'm not skilled enough to take on.

But yeah, this was a very disappointing black friday. There's a lot of reasons for it, it is what it is.

· Registered
2,027 Posts
Even newegg was lackluster for cyber monday. All 'black friday' and 'cyber monday' are now are just buzzwords to make people buy cause we're conditioned to 'the deals'.

· Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
3,295 Posts
It felt like in general, this year's Black Friday was the worst one I can recall in quite some time. Very few deals that were worth a damn. Either that or I've grown numb to it all.

Regarding car deals, I remember last year whiteline and everyone had deals, this year I barely got any notifications on anything. Just felt like there wasn't much out there this year.

I got my tss fab subframes this year, I'm still very much in the part gathering phase (mainly bc I need to space out the budget of this build so I'm going very slow with it) and that was one of the bigger ticket items I wanted to put on the car. I don't want to cage or roll bar the car because I want the rear seats to be functional, so between these subframes, some front fender braces, strut tower braces and some other bits I'm hoping I can achieve my chassis goals without needing to brace the car.

In hindsight maybe I should've just seam welded the thing, but that presents another set of challenges that I'm not skilled enough to take on.

But yeah, this was a very disappointing black friday. There's a lot of reasons for it, it is what it is.
I bought a bunch of the super cheap Ultra Racing bracing from eBay for my rust bucket. The long units that run from front to back did wonders for my chassis rigidity.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts