Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
99 2.5rs black dimond pearl
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I waxed my car yesterday and was bored today so I took some pics.

I also took a bunch of stickers off, looks cleaner now.

Anthony C.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I resized the photos in Photoshop, I tired to do a quick depth of field trick, but I think I over did it on the first Pic. It does make it look like a R/C.

[email protected] SUBARU - I made the Roof scoop

Anthony C.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm every time I post a pic the first postis where did you get the scoop, second post is I want one.

If I can figure out an efficent way to make them, then maybe I could get a group buy going or something.

2Point5RS - the arrow points to the toe hook, its on the rally cars, I was bored oneday and put it on.

Anthony C.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The car looks really good. But I don't mean to sound like an asshole, but isn't putting STi stickers and stuff all over a 2.5RS like putting a Type R sticker on a Civic or an Integra GSR or LS?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I don't mean to sound like an asshole, but isn't putting STi stickers and stuff all over a 2.5RS like putting a Type R sticker on a Civic or an Integra GSR or LS
Not necessarily. STi is a company that makes parts, but it is also a "special version" of a car. Type R is just a "special version" of a car (Honda/Acura). Mugen is the name of the company that supplies those parts. In the case of the STi stickers/badges, it could be conceived either way, but usually ppl put the stickers on their car because they've added some STi parts somewhere along the line. So if you were a Honda/Acura guy, you'd add Mugen stickers. It's a little different with STi making parts and being the "special version" vehicle.

hope that helps,
-craig (no stickers, nothing special)

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well the way I look at it would be, an integra and Civic Type R is a specificaly tuned version of a lower grade model. Like the WRX is to the 2.5rs. So putting a type R badge on a civic would be like putting a WRX badge on a 2.5rs. And I agree that would be pritty cheesy unless you had a WRX engine to back it up.

But STI (subaru technica Internation) Is a tuner devision of Subaru. Yes there is a WRX STI, and thats cause its tuned by STI and has they're parts on it. STI also sells they part individually like suspention, wich I have on my car, and every other part you can think of. So I put STI stickers on my car because I have STI parts on my car, (and I want my car to look like an STI ver 5. lol) I don't think this is any different than someone putting Apex'i stickers on the car Because they have Apex'i parts.

But thats just what I think.

Anthony C.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DAMN IT, we must have been typing those replys at the same time. But at least someone feels the same.

Anthony C.

·
Registered
137 Posts
:D Yep, just got the email notification after I posted. That's funny.

OH btw. Nice car. I like it alot. Very impressive work. If you're ever bored again, I'd like to see some shots of those seats you've got in there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I appologize, I kinda thought about those facts after I posted that. I looked at the picture again real good and noticed that the badge was just an STi badge, and not a Tuned by STi badge which is what I thought it was orginally.

Now the question is, does he have any STi parts ???

1 - 20 of 26 Posts