Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just wanted to share this with everyone.

i work at BMW, just detailing cars...nothing special. we got this 750 the dealer won at an auction and they told me to take it to the wash bay. it was literaly COVERED from front to back in bird shit. in case everyone doesnt know... bird shit will EAT away at your clear coat and even the paint. after washing it it was still showing so we decided to buff it. that didnt work. the other guys wet sanded it with 3000 grit, then down to 2000 grit sandpaper, then a 1500 grit orbital pad. it looked like it went way, so we buffed it back with 3-5 different compounds. it went way but as soon as we took the car in the sun and it got the paint got alittle warm it popped back out. it sticks out like a sour thumb and the whole car needs to be repainted.

so when you guys see bird shit on your car, clean it off A FUCKING SAP. you dont have to wash the whole car but just GET IT OFF FAST!!!!

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
That's pretty funny. I was just outside gawking at all the bird shit on my scoob. Defly going to clean her now.

·
Registered
00RS & 02WRX
1,439 Posts
i have same problems b4..if you dont clean up asap after few days..you fuck up your paint..

·
Registered
2001 STM RS coupe
3,229 Posts
^LOL

Best thing to get rid of bird shit is seltzer. Read about it years ago and use it whenever I got bad spots I need to get off without rain/washing the car if I have some. Just pour a little bit on wait a min and pour some more on to wash most of it away, then just wipe off the leftovers once the bulk and gravel is gone

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
03 350z for now
491 Posts
Bird shit is no joke, people laugh when I tell them when I walk out to my car in the morning to go to work--if i see shit on it, I'll run back in the house, get a wet paper towel, and a soapy one and clean it off. And then follow up with some light wax spray. Takes a few min, but better than having to clay bar it later.

·
Registered
'99 Hybrid RS Coupe
2,719 Posts
Oh shit!

I've got huge bird shit stains all over one of my fenders that's been there a couple days. Going to take care of that ASAP, now. I had no idea how bad bird crap was for paint.

·
Registered
Public Transit
123 Posts
lol! this makes me think of the red bull commercial where that guy downs one and flys up in the air ready to drop a deuce on a bird

·
Registered
2008 AW STi
5,361 Posts
Oh shit!

I've got huge bird shit stains all over one of my fenders that's been there a couple days. Going to take care of that ASAP, now. I had no idea how bad bird crap was for paint.
Probably too late.

Another thing that will eat away at your paint is tree sap and bugs that get splattered on your front bumper and side view mirrors. Get that shit off immediately if you give a shit about your cars paint. Once its eaten through your clear and/or your paint its usually too late to fix it other than touch up paint (which looks like shit unless you know how to buff it down to the point you cant tell it was ever touched up) or a new paint job.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh shit!

clean it off as best u can. use water or something like that to loosen it up. and catch the sun light on that point were the bird shit was and see if it did any damage

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
1,788 Posts
I'm suffering a permanent bird poo mark on my passenger side c-pillar. Unfortunately I bought the car that way so obviously the person before me didn't clean it off in time. It ate through the clear and some of the paint so now it looks like a had a bird poo design ghosted into my base coat.

Wipe off anything ASAP guys this is no joke and like the other guys have said it can't be fixed except with a new paint job.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
anyway that we can get this thread out to more of RS25. not everyone looks in detailing

·
Registered
Subarus
342 Posts
My car used to be bombed every day by like 50-100 little birds. The solution, we cut the big tree branches above the car. Problem solved!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts