Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

141 - 160 of 1878 Posts

·
Banned
www.bakemono-imports.com
2,636 Posts
pics with burnup lip

Looks good on the front from far away...

Not too shabby at this angle either.

It gets a bit gaptastic here.

Here's a good shot of the gap as well. The lip looks better in the pics than it did in person. It just didn't fit well on the 99-01RS bumper. I'm gonna see if I can have steve make me a fiberglass one that i can redesign to get to fit the RS bumper. If I can do that, then maaaaaybe...

Anyway, car looks good eh?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Not a huge fan unfortunately, I think that lip looks like sex on the sport bumper but on the v6 bumper it doesn't really accent the contours and lines of the front bumper.

·
Registered
01 stm sedan w/v4 sugar
3,498 Posts
I'm gonna see if I can have steve make me a fiberglass one that i can redesign to get to fit the RS bumper. If I can do that, then maaaaaybe...

Anyway, car looks good eh?
Definitely. If you can redesign the lip to fit better... then you almost have to use it because nobody would have the same setup.

Plus, that style of a lip is more consistent with the sideskirt style as well. It must be done! :devil:

·
Premium Member
2015 WRX STI WRB
8,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Definitely. If you can redesign the lip to fit better... then you almost have to use it because nobody would have the same setup.

Plus, that style of a lip is more consistent with the sideskirt style as well. It must be done! :devil:
yea i was telling bakemono that it would need to have some kind of addition to it so that it flows into the main scoop on the front bumper kind of like the p1 does.

·
Premium Member
2015 WRX STI WRB
8,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #153 (Edited)
ok so instead of spending 3-4 grand for a paint job this summer, i decided to do alot of the work myself. reasons?
1) i know nothing about body work,
2) i have no monies.

i think i'm going to go cheap and can the car. yup spray can it. i think that if you prep it well enough and pay attention to details, a spray can will look great. its not going to be perfect but atleast it'll look a helluva alot better than the shitty ass condition she's in now.

first order of business:
removal of all trim pieces.

but before that, hehehehe i decided totake off my spoiler, which was fadin anyway, and wet sand it and see how it would turn out with a few layers of canning. here's where i'm at now:

·
Registered
Evo X GSR, 07 Civic Si
679 Posts
i'm thinking about repainting my own car too, also STM :) maybe we should get together and paint it i'm in socal too <3

in all seriousness i hope to follow in ur footsteps. my front bumper is completely messed up it needs a repaint bad.

·
Registered
'06 LGT
8,334 Posts
Agreed, spray paint usually turns out much nicer then the rustoleum paint does.

I vote a deep green, or possibly all white... Something that hides alot of the imperfections in the paint. Black tends to be hard to pull off as its pretty difficult to get an even coat out of black.

·
Premium Member
2015 WRX STI WRB
8,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
damn there are just so many things id like to do. but funds and time are such limiting factors nowadays. i just want to finish this mofo.

·
2.0L Turboner
94 RWD WRX & 82 EJ Brat
8,673 Posts
ok so instead of spending 3-4 grand for a paint job this summer, i decided to do alot of the work myself.
If you've got the time and space to do it then I don't think that's a bad idea at all. I mean, if you don't care (too much) about your car looking show-worthy then why not? Doing body and paint work isn't rocket science, it just takes time and practice. I took a class at a CC and they taught me everything I needed to know in one half hour briefing, the rest was just trial and error.

Want to do something totally rad? Paint your car with green chalkboard paint. Not only would the color look cool, but then you could draw some sweet shit on there, erase it, and start over in a matter of minutes!

141 - 160 of 1878 Posts