Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

121 - 140 of 1881 Posts

·
Banned
www.bakemono-imports.com
2,636 Posts
2 tone would be awesome, esp with a darker sideskit/ spat/ lip combo. I would also paint the fender flare dark as well. You'll get a nice continuous line that way. I think it'll flow well. Photoshop will tell best though...maybe if I get bored at lunch sometime this week I'll see what I can sketch out. Your car is looking good man. I can't wait to see it after the prep. How did those sideskits end up fitting? Are they fitted to those fenders yet?

·
Registered
1999 SUBARU IMPREZA RSTI EJ20K
2,628 Posts
looks good dude. sorry i was a bitch today :( im trying so hard to get better lol

·
Premium Member
2015 WRX STI WRB
8,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Man, your car is a breath of fresh air! It's just good to see someone doing something a little different with the body! It's definitely coming along.

Personally I would drive it around like that for a while because it looks like a Japanese rat rod. haha :naughty:

Again, loving the wheel choice! Respek.
hey thanks man. its been a long journey but slowly but surely coming together

·
Premium Member
2015 WRX STI WRB
8,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
So is there a sideskirt on the other side too?
lol the sideskirt is just hanging there to give you guys an idea of where im going with the car. lol yes there will be another sideskirt on the other side

·
Banned
www.bakemono-imports.com
2,636 Posts
Man...you know, I was looking at your car a lot yesterday. It really does look good. I showed a guy from JIC Japan your car online and he gave it the thumbs up too. You have the official JDM thumbs up. He says he's authorized to speak for all of Japan. :D heh

·
Registered
350 Posts
ver 6 or Burn-Up!!!
Aeroism is making a replica of the burn-up lip for STi sport bumpers, but i think it should mount the same, i've seen it before on the 00-01RS front
cheers
-Evan
edit: burn-up for sure, its lower and flows with the skirts better

·
Banned
www.bakemono-imports.com
2,636 Posts
ver 6 or Burn-Up!!!
Aeroism is making a replica of the burn-up lip for STi sport bumpers, but i think it should mount the same, i've seen it before on the 00-01RS front
cheers
-Evan
edit: burn-up for sure, its lower and flows with the skirts better
Not sure if it would work. Craig, if you have an hour or so to kill, feel free to try the one I have from Aerosim. He was making them for me, based on the burnup lip I gave him. We haven't popped out a clean one yet, but you can test out a mold-test-quality lip for fitment sake. I can sell more of them anyway if they end up working on the 99-01RS front bumpers.

daaaaaaaaaaaaammm that looks good
Should look good. its gonna be YOUR car. :) If I have some time at work tomorrow, I'll photoshop the burnup lip, but you'd probably be better off just dropping by my house. That lip is in my garage.

·
Registered
01 stm sedan w/v4 sugar
3,499 Posts
My man, if you choose to do this it's gonna be so rad! Yes, rad. It's ballsy for sure!

I would keep the door molding pieces stm, however. 2¢!

·
Banned
www.bakemono-imports.com
2,636 Posts
more photoshop love for craig's car

Here are some more. I made the bumpers darker, like the S201, ditched the dark molding, and colored the hood STM (except the vents, like Craig had mentioned to me before).

I think the burnup lip looks really good. In the photoshop, I painted it to match the rest of the trim. I'm not sure we can get it to fit, but craig, you're welcome to give it a shot. The original ABS one I have was made to fit the STI sports bumper. Its still at Steve's shop, but I still have a carbon one we can test fit until tomorrow (until I send it to John2.5RS). Lemme know.

Here's the photoshop file.
http://www.bakemono-imports.com/craig.psd
I made the extra pieces different layers, so you can switch up lips, trim, etc and see what you like. I got bored since I couldn't work on my own car. I'm excited to see yours. I'm really liking the direction. Very unique. The white wheels help.

·
Banned
www.bakemono-imports.com
2,636 Posts
Which combo do you like best? I like the last one with the burnup lip the best. Give me a call when you get off work today if you wanna test fit it. The one lip I have is going to John tonight/ tomorrow morning. Man, you're so close you can taste it eh?

121 - 140 of 1881 Posts